cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card.

gp2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I take my Public sim card out of my phone and put it to my laptop and use my data plan to get on and use internet.

14 REPLIES 14

@caseyshea89 wrote:

Yes, but it may be expensive!

There's no extra charges at Public Mobile. It'll only cost the plan amount or add-ons purchased.

caseyshea89

Yes, but it may be expensive!

@dabr wrote:

@gp2   I think really you found your own solution to your issue:) 

Maybe one of the oracles will be able to mark your post as the solution because it's kind of frowned upon to mark your own solutions here.  Perhaps @Luddite  will accept your post as the solution if he gets a moment or two:)

@dabr In fact, you first made the suggestion. So, I moved it to the correct post.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gp2

Not too sure how this message thing is supposed to work.... 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gp2   I think really you found your own solution to your issue:) 

Maybe one of the oracles will be able to mark your post as the solution because it's kind of frowned upon to mark your own solutions here.  Perhaps @Luddite  will accept your post as the solution if he gets a moment or two:)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gp2 wrote:

I do a lot of work on my laptop that I can't do on my phone so I need this when at the cabin and I finally got conected by tethering it. Thanks.

Good to hear you found a way to make it work for you.  Thanks for the update.

gp2

I do a lot of work on my laptop that I can't do on my phone so I need this when at the cabin and I finally got conected by tethering it. Thanks.

gp2

Thank you, I finally got it hooked by tethering with USB port, works fine.

gp2

Hi there, Tried to do that and it tells me " can't connect " But I finally got it hooked by tethering with USB port.

gp2

Thank you, I finally got it hooked by tethering with USB port.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@gp2 wrote:

Can I take my Public sim card out of my phone and put it to my laptop and use my data plan to get on and use internet.

You could bur why? The reason people do it is because there are some data-only plans that are cheaper than plans with voice.  If you're paying for voice, with forgo it?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@gp2 wrote:

Yes, if you have a cellular laptop that supports PM's frequencies AND you can configure its data connection correctly. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@gp2 wrote:

@gp2  As @dabr  mentioned just turn the hotspot setting on your device and make a note of the connection password then scan for networks on your laptop and connect to the hotspot and you should be able to access the internet on your laptop.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gp2 wrote:

You should probably use the hotspotting feature of your phone instead to access the data on your laptop.

Need Help? Let's chat.