cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card

Lyla
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to activate the sim card, it says that the number is invalid. I have typed it correctly.

24 REPLIES 24

@Lyla wrote:

I have tried clearing my browser, using secret mode, waiting for an hour. Nothing worked. How do I contact Public Mobile to get a new sim card as you suggest?

That is a bummer.....there is a bummer tent in the lounge if needed. Contact the mods as per @geopublic suggestion. Include copies of your receipt and SIM card. Alternatively  you could try to return your SIM card to the retailer you bought it at and ask for exchange. This may be faster and easier then waiting for mods and a replacement shipped to you. If you need to activate a phone quickly you could purchase a new SIM card and ask for a credit on your account or activate in store with a free SIM card promo and ask for credit from pm for the original one. All depends how fast the mods respond and how much you need a phone.

@Lyla wrote:

I have tried clearing my browser, using secret mode, waiting for an hour. Nothing worked. How do I contact Public Mobile to get a new sim card as you suggest?

@Lylapsf.JPG

Lyla

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Lyla wrote:

When I try to activate the sim card, it says that the number is invalid. I have typed it correctly.

@Lyla  If you got that error as soon as you entered the sim card number the first time your tried activating that card it means that that card has been previously activated and is invalid. You will need to contact PM and ask a replacement. You should include the sim card number so that they can verify if that is the case.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Lyla wrote:

I assume "it" is the PM website. Clear browser cache/cookies, try again, wait a few minutes or an hour between attempts.

But if "it" is your phone reporting "Invalid SIM" then it's likely carrier-locked and needs to be unlocked before it will sork on PM. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire
Stay safe

@Lyla wrote:

I've compared some Public Mobile sim cards side-by-side, and sometimes, the all digits can be same as as another except for maybe the last 1 or 2 digits. I can't imagine that someone woudl do this on purpose as there would be nothing to gain, but it's quite possible that someone could have activated that sim card previously in error.

@Lyla wrote:

How do you use secret mode?

On a tablet or laptop the top right corner has 3 horizontal lines. Click it secret/ incognito mode will show up. Click and your screen will darken.

This is also where you can clear the history on your browser.

@Lyla wrote:

Click on the 3 dots at top right of your browser. You can open a new incognito/private window.

Lyla

@darlicious wrote:

@Lyla wrote:

I have tried twice but both times what I entered was correct.

@LovesToPM  is absolutely correct. Whether or not you made a mistake or the pm site is being glitchy you must wait one hour between attempts. Not having a clear browser is enough to trigger the site to malfunction and render that SIM card message.  Clear browser and secret mode are a must.

@Lyla  I'm just noting the time...one hour has not past since your first post. If you have already made 2 tries and then reached out for help you would still have a little over half an hour to wait to make a legitimate try with your browser clear and secret mode.

@Lyla wrote:

How do I contact the moderators?

To submit a ticket to Moderators, click on the green Question Mark (at bottom right).

Type "submit a ticket" or "contact us" to get started.

@Lyla wrote:

@LovesToPM  is absolutely correct. Whether or not you made a mistake or the pm site is being glitchy you must wait one hour between attempts. Not having a clear browser is enough to trigger the site to malfunction and render that SIM card message.  Clear browser and secret mode are a must.

Lyla

How do I contact the moderators?

@Lyla wrote:

That's what i did in the first place and it tells me that the sim is invalid.

If the 19 digits printed on both the card holder and SIM card match

and the SIM card was ordered directly from Public Mobile, then you should contact Moderators as stated by @hairbag1 

Lyla

Yes, they match.

Lyla

That's what i did in the first place and it tells me that the sim is invalid.

Lyla

I used the 19 digits on the back of the Sim card and on the card that it was attached to that was sent to me by Public in the mail.

Click the ? in the bottom right corner of this page. Type "sim activation" and follow instruction. Good luck.

@Lyla wrote:

Do the 19 digits printed on both the card holder and SIM card match?

Sim card was ordered directly from Public Mobile?

Edit: My bad. It's 19 digits, not 15

Lyla

Lyla

Yes, it's a new Sim. I got it from Public.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lyla wrote:

Is this a new sim ? Where did you get it from ?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Lyla wrote:

Did you already try several times?

If yes, you might to need wait an hour and try again.

Before doing so, clear your browser cache and retry with incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.