cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card - view what cell# before purchase?

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Will i be able to view what the available PM cell# before i purchase the SIM card???  It's non-refundable shouldn't customer have the right to see it first before buying?

12 REPLIES 12

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The sim should make it before may 10th. I'm in Alberta and my sim took about a week to arrive. 

@danlee wrote:

As I noticed PM stated expiry date on May 10, 2018.  It seem that they will take a while to mail out their SIM card.  

Do ALL walmart carry the PM sim card?

I would call your local Walmart and check to see if they do have them.  When PM first went with this latest retail offering I don't think all carried them.  Where abouts are you located I am in Victoria BC and could help you out with a SIM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

danlee

As I noticed PM stated expiry date on May 10, 2018.  It seem that they will take a while to mail out their SIM card.  

Do ALL walmart carry the PM sim card?

jp2

No you need to purchase a public mobile sim to activate and while activating it choose to port your number from sasktel if you want to keep the same number. With the new referral deal if someone gives u a referral number you can get a credit for the cost of the sim card when you activate it

danlee

So I can use my existing Sasktel sim card to activate???  Still trying to figure this "virtual" telecom thingy... 

danlee

Wow...you are awesome!!! Thank you very much, that puts my mind at ease.

@danlee wrote:

Sasktel give yiu the option to view all the available numbers before you purchase even for prepaid card.  Hmm... I wonder are all the number starting as Ontario province number or?

I am a bit baffled by this statement. As explained in the reply to your other thread this morning: You will have the choice of a SK number. Whether it's a 306 number or a 639 number will depend on the fact of how many 306 numbers are left in Telus' pool for the city of your choice, Regina and Saskatoon being likely the ones that will get 639 numbers first.

I just went into the "change phone number" page in my self serve account, and by the looks of it there are still plenty of 306 numbers for both Regina and Saskatoon.

Here is the Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile list of local calling areas in Saskatchewan (And no, I will not bother to spend more time on this to format it.)

sk-local-numbers.jpg

As mentioned before: You can port in any (SK) number you already have. If number choice is so high priority for you, you could get one you like with SaskTel (at the according cost) and then port it to Public Mobile.

@danlee wrote:

Sasktel give yiu the option to view all the available numbers before you purchase even for prepaid card.  Hmm... I wonder are all the number starting as Ontario province number or?

One of the questions ask before being presented numbers to select is locale.  If you are located in Saskatchewan, they are not going to try and offer up Ontario area code numbers for selection. 

I wouldn't expect much flexibility with Public Mobile, except  that you will be presented with a choice a few different phone numbers to choose from.  I do not beleive Public Mobile's activation system has any number search feature.

You can absolutely see what phone number you are getting before leaving the store, and as I said, you'll be given the choice of a few different phone numbers, if the in-store people are doing anything like what happens when a customer activates him or herself at home.

I would say that if the store allow you to purchase the sim card without activating it, to just take it home and activate it yourself for the greatest amount of convenience.  That way, you'll have the comfort of doing it from home without feeling rushed, and you'll see all the options in front of you on your computer screen.

You always have the option of changing your phone number later.  The option to port in a phone number from another carrier is also available.

jp2

If you have a saskTel number just port it then you don't have to change your number 

danlee

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The search cell numbers is done during the activation process.  There is no other way to see what numbers are available. I don't know that any other carrier allows you to check number availability before deciding on signing up.  I have purchased new lines a number of times.  Generally the number selection process doesn't leave a lot of flexibility. 

Need Help? Let's chat.