cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card replacement

Devon_28
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought a new phone. Need a micro sim now, not the nano sim I have. 

Could you send me a new sim card at no cost ? 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

lon_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agreed with @will13am , you could pick up a ring from any mobile booth which are got wasted anyways.

Or like this guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYiEFRUYkaQ

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Devon_28 wrote:

I bought a new phone. Need a micro sim now, not the nano sim I have. 

Could you send me a new sim card at no cost ? 

Thanks

@Devon_28  As others have mentioned best to go to any mobile retailer and ask for a nano to micro spacer (free).

If that's not possible check ebay they sell 3 in 1 cards for 99 cents shipped as an alternative.

frankster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As @will13am said, most shopping mall kiosk activates dozens of SIMs everyday and most of them come with the 3-in-1 SIM Card holders. Since most new phones come with Nano SIM cards, I'd be willing to bet that a lot of them will have a ton of the micro-SIM and full-SIM spacers just going straight to the trash (or recycling bin hopefully).

I'm sure one of those kiosk will be nice enough to give you one of those. Otherwise, if you really want to go down the "buy-a-sim-card" route, you can just buy any 3-in-1 SIM cards available around, pop the other carrier's Nano out and plop your PM SIM in. You might even be able to find some other carrier that will give you the SIM (including the spacers) for free.

Check old phones ... you may have one in them!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Devon_28, any chance you still have your adapters from when you started with Public Mobile?  I usually keep this type of thing in the 'catch-all' drawer in my kitchen.

Check with friends and family - someone must have an adapter kicking around.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Devon_28 that's definitely an interesting question.  My assumption would be no, you'd have to buy a new SIM yourself.  At the end of the day you took the risk in getting a phone that requires a different type of SIM card, so there was no fault on the part of Public Mobile (PM).  Generally you'd get a credit if there was a mistake or error on PM side and then they would provide a goodwill credit for the mistake/error they made.  But if you go out and get yourself a new phone, and then next year you get another one, and another one, obviously this is not what's going to happen but this would be PM's thinking, and imagine all these customers constantly asking for credits, that's a lot of money PM would be losing.  So I'm thinking you'll have to spend that $10 yourself.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Devon_28 , just go to the mall and drop by any cell shop and they would be happy to give you an adapter ring.  I am sure there's plenty going to waste daily.  Public Mobile doesn't give out free SIM cards anymore.  No point spending $10 needlessly. 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

we are all customers like you, but you can ask Moderator Team this question, but from my point, you need to order new sim card, they might or might not give you goodwill credit if you ask for.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No you have to buy a new one  sorry.

You can get a sim adapter.

Need Help? Let's chat.