cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card pin doesnt work

fender_hss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Screenshot_20200817-160026_Camera.jpg

 it says to contact provider for the unlock pin, I tried 1234 and 0000 and it says pin error. 

15 REPLIES 15

@fender_hss 

Moderators can't unlock Bell phone. If Bell gives hassle, unlock codes are on ebay less than $5.

fender_hss

Thanks everyone, I will contact bell tomorrow to try to solve this and I have open a ticket with the moderetors. Shurely everything will be solve by tomorrow night.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

I know.

You know.

So I emulated will13am by going on what the OP was wanting.

Ok then. As you wish. 🙂

@Triguy The last parts of this message about SIM card PIN and PUK don't apply here.  From the OP's picture, this phone is locked to Bell Mobility.   Only the part about SIM Network Unlock PIN applies, although HTC didn't specfically call it that.

@Anonymous wrote:

@fender_hss wrote:

This is not the pin for the phone, its th sim card asking the pin when I tried to call

That message screams network lock to me.

However, you'll need to contact the moderators as mentioned earlier.

That's because it is a network lock. Moderators can't help with this.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@fender_hss PM SIMs are shipped unlocked, and only ask for the SIM PIN if you try to lock the SIM. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Here is a post from @Luddite from this thread

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/puk-locked-sim/m-p/471458#M36904

Re: puk locked sim

What is the message?

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. 

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@fender_hss wrote:

The phone is an HTC 8x Windows phone, and it was with Bell provider before switching to public mobile yesterday.

@fender_hss hi if thats the case you need to contact bell for an unlock code

@fender_hss then you need to call bell to have the phone unlocked. the message on your screen is saying the phone is locked to the provider it was originally purchased with. that's why it's not working with public at the moment

fender_hss

The phone is an HTC 8x Windows phone, and it was with Bell provider before switching to public mobile yesterday.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fender_hss wrote:

This is not the pin for the phone, its th sim card asking the pin when I tried to call

That message screams network lock to me.

However, you'll need to contact the moderators as mentioned earlier.

fender_hss

@fender_hss contact the previous provider and ask them to unlock it for you.  You will need your imei number dial *#06# to get it. Welcome to the community. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fender_hss wrote:

 it says to contact provider for the unlock pin, I tried 1234 and 0000 and it says pin error. 

You need the unlock code from the previous provider.

Edit: nice job on the pic. they truly are worth a thousand words.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@fender_hss wrote:

Screenshot_20200817-160026_Camera.jpg

@fender_hss hello try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, edit sorry I couldn't read your image it looks like you need to contact your previous provider for an unlock code 

Need Help? Let's chat.