Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working

chrismtl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sim card is not working

7 REPLIES 7

@chrismtl 

Try the losr/ stolen trick to reset your service. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If this fails, contact the moderators and ask them to to reset your service. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@chrismtl wrote:

Hi @chrismtl

I can only guess what may be happening, without more dets. so here goes.

1-You are trying to activate and you received an INVALID SIM when trying to activate...

You likely time timed out during the activation process. Try again in an hour (which it has been now, how you got it working now?)

2-You are getting an error message on your phone...is your phone locked form the previous provider. Contact the previous provider to unlock the phone for you.

3-You have activated but are getting a SIM error message...

Try:

*removing your SIM for a minute, the reinsert. Roboot.

*going into airplane mode for a few minutes, turn airplane mode off.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@chrismtl wrote:

I'll alert the media.

So say you're with some big fancy provider that has a call centre with real people standing by 24/7 waiting for you to call in with whatever issue you might be having.

You say that one meaningless sentence. The call centre agent pauses. And pauses. And finally says...and??

What do you say? And.. what? Or do you correct yourself realizing that your one meaningless sentence had no context and the other end would have no idea where to start with helping you.

and OP is not staying at the forum to supply more info.  I guess that it is time for me to go to bed.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrismtl wrote:

I'll alert the media.

So say you're with some big fancy provider that has a call centre with real people standing by 24/7 waiting for you to call in with whatever issue you might be having.

You say that one meaningless sentence. The call centre agent pauses. And pauses. And finally says...and??

What do you say? And.. what? Or do you correct yourself realizing that your one meaningless sentence had no context and the other end would have no idea where to start with helping you.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chrismtl  Dial 611 from your device. Is your account suspended? If yes, follow the prompts to reactivate your account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Please provide further details?

Are you trying to activate a new account?

Any error message?

More details please. Thanks

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@chrismtl Did you activate your account? Did it ever work?

Need Help? Let's chat.