cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working

Ayxmania101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just got a sim card and I've activated and paid online, but it's not working. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

11 REPLIES 11

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

The sim doesn't work in any phone, but I can log into my self serve.

I suggest making a small manual payment of a few dollars. Sometimes, this can cause the system to reset something that allow the service to start working. If that doesn't work, it does sound like you will need the moderators as mentioned earlier.

Ayxmania101

The sim doesn't work in any phone, but I can log into my self serve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

Okay, I can't text or call with it, my phone isn't recognizing the sim. However, it's recognizing the other sim I got for my sister, same public mobile. Also, both sims are new sims.

That is good troubleshooting. Can you try your SIM in the other phone?

Can you log in to your self-serve?

Ayxmania101

Thanks

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

Okay, I can't text or call with it, my phone isn't recognizing the sim. However, it's recognizing the other sim I got for my sister, same public mobile. Also, both sims are new sims.

That troubleshooting does help. Since you sister's sim card is working in your phone, this means that your device isn't at the root of the problem, and that it's either your specific sim card or your account that's the issue.

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

@Ayxmania101  You need to submit a ticket to Public and they will reset your account and it should start working. To submit a ticket do the following:

stpm-new.png

Ayxmania101

What do you mean by "Partial Activation"?

If your phone works to text and call out but can't receive texts or calls, you are activated but the porting of your number from previous provider to Public Mobile hasn't completed yet. If a cell number (not a landline or void number) it can take a couple of hours or more.

Presumably the other PM SIM card you tried in your phone is a number that has been with Public Mobile for awhile so it is logical that it works properly in your phone.

AE_Collector

Ayxmania101

I put in another public mobile sim in the phone and it works. How do I handle the partial activation? This is frustrating

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

Hello, I just got a sim card and I've activated and paid online, but it's not working. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Check network indicator in notification area. It say no service?  If you reboot, does it ask for unlock code?  See if it allow login.  If self serve doesn't work, could be a partly failed activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ayxmania101 wrote:

Do you get any messages on the screen after inserting the SIM and turning it on?

Need Help? Let's chat.