cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not compatible

Nell005
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have an Apple Iphone SE and checked the compatibility before ordering a sim card. It says it is compatible but when I put the sim card in the phone, the phone says the sim card is not from an approved list of providers. Anyone else ever have this happen and is there a way around it?

6 REPLIES 6

Nell005

Thanks! The phone was still locked. Unlocked it and problem solved!

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Nell005 wrote:

Hi, I have an Apple Iphone SE and checked the compatibility before ordering a sim card. It says it is compatible but when I put the sim card in the phone, the phone says the sim card is not from an approved list of providers. Anyone else ever have this happen and is there a way around it?

Compatible and unlock are two completely different things. Yes your iPhone SE 100% Public Mobile Compatible as long as it's unlocked. When you check compatibility Public Mobile has no way of knowing if your phone is unlocked or not.  But good thing is, it's locked to Rogers so it's somewhat easier to get unlocked via Rogers versus the scummy corporation known as Bell. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

She would have to call if she still has an account there. It's free but if you don't have an account usually they don't want to unlock it

Nell005

The phone was given to me by my sister in law. She was previously with Rogers, so the phone could possibly still be locked. Am I able to call to unlock it or would I have to get her to do it?

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Nell005   its compatible, I have 3 on  my accounts!  That message means your phone is locked so you should get it unlocked before switching 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Nell005 

I have the same phone and it is compatible and works with PM.  

Is it locked to your previous carrier?  If so, you will need to contact previous carrier to get the phone unlocked.  It should be free service.

Other things to try.  Reboot phone.  Network reset.  Remove and Re-insert SIM card. 

Need Help? Let's chat.