cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card malfuntion

plentz11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi There:

the 1 month old sim card in my phone seems to be defective. phone won't operate with it inserted. it looks "warped". Can i get a free replacement? back at the place of purchase?

(it worked fine for the first month)

12 REPLIES 12

You can order a new SIM and change from within the self service account using the change sim option. You cant port between PM accounts. Stay safe. 

@AmyJaneEriksen wrote:

it would take a lot of heat to do that. Check battery condition and replace as needed. you could order a new sim and new account? and port your number over to the new one. 

I wouldn't use the term "port" for this as it will confuse people. 

AmyJaneEriksen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it would take a lot of heat to do that. Check battery condition and replace as needed. you could order a new sim and new account? and port your number over to the new one. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @plentz11 

It takes quite a bit of heat to warp a SIM card. You can get the SIM card replaced as suggested by others, but I suspect your phone or battery might be in need of repair or replacement.

plentz11

i will look closer tomorrow and replace it back in phone and give it another try. thanks

plentz11

great i will try these suggestions tomorrow at work. thanks!

@plentz11 

That is unusual but it could happen. Try the vendor tomorrow. Not too many report on this forum about physically damaged SIM cards. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@plentz11 wrote:

yes everything was great...i punch out card to fit my phone. it just quit working and actually caused the phone to not function. we removed the sim card and didn't replace it back in and the phone charges and will turn on.  the sim card looks like it is actually warped a bit as if has overheated. i will try back the vendor tomorrow to see what they say. 

If that store does not give you a new one, you can get a new one for $3.33 + tax at https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

If you live in GTA, you can pick up at MISSISSAUGA after order online.

plentz11

yes everything was great...i punch out card to fit my phone. it just quit working and actually caused the phone to not function. we removed the sim card and didn't replace it back in and the phone charges and will turn on.  the sim card looks like it is actually warped a bit as if has overheated. i will try back the vendor tomorrow to see what they say. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@plentz11 wrote:

hi There:

the 1 month old sim card in my phone seems to be defective. phone won't operate with it inserted. it looks "warped". Can i get a free replacement? back at the place of purchase?

(it worked fine for the first month)

You can try the store who sold you your SIM card.  But there is no guarantee.  YMMV.

Will it work if you take it out and insert it back to your phone?

Your SIM may move a bit in the SIM slot.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@plentz11 

Did the Sim  card work before?  Is it the right size for your phone? If wrong size, you can punch out the correct size card. 

Normally there is no free replacement. You could try the original vendor. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you try your sim in different phone

And also try different sim in your phone

What happens when you insert it?

Can you maybe take a picture of that "warped" sim

Also if it is full soon or mini sim, public mobile micro SIM is nested within mini and the full size, it can get a bit detached, if that's the case you can just put done pressure on it

I'll try to take a picture and post it here

Need Help? Let's chat.