cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card is not delivered

rctech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I have requested for a sim card around 2 weeks ago, but till now did not received it. Is there any customer care helpline for public mobile?

Thanks 

Rohit

9 REPLIES 9

@Luddite   i think PM should do the right thing and put a warning before check out.  If ppl still willing to buy, its ok.  So far from all the posts, look like ppl who ordered has no idea about the wait time.  I feel bad especially for those who ordered and was planning to take advantage of a promotion.    😞

@softech  Just an fyi we know is wrong, but the official word from SIMon is "Due to current COVID-19 measures and high shipping volumes, please expect delivery times to be longer than usual. If it's been more than 10 business days and you still haven't received your SIM, please click on "Contact Us" to submit a form to the Moderator Team.".

Whether this means 10 days is normal or abnormal even during Covid is unclear. I'm assuming that 2 weeks is too long even now.  🤔

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@vanessa16 wrote:

it took a while for my SIM card to arrive too! almost 2 weeks. I would wait a couple more weeks to see if it comes. It arrives in a pretty unassuming white envelope.

I have seen some of the SIM card shipments and how they were shipped. There are times when Public Mobile sends SIM cards in a colorful, Public Mobile-branded envelope, while there are other times that they are sent ain a bubble mailer.I've also seen some in plain envelopes with no return address. 

vanessa16
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

it took a while for my SIM card to arrive too! almost 2 weeks. I would wait a couple more weeks to see if it comes. It arrives in a pretty unassuming white envelope.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rctech 

As noted, the PM SIM may take up to 3 weeks to arrive. Unfortunately, there are no refund on SIM cards.

You have another week to wait but if it doesn’t arrive, you will need to contact a moderator.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It generally takes up to three weeks for delivery.

If you need a sim asap then you might consider buying one from a local retailer or you can order them through Canadian Cell Supplies.com.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

People usually receive the SIM at least after 3 weeks. 

PM SIM delivery is a bit unreasonable, I think.  If people ordered online and try to catch a promotion, with this delivery time, they will likely miss the promotion.  I think PM should say it clearly that ETA is 3 weeks so people can decide if they want to go ahead.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rctech wrote:

Hi, 

I have requested for a sim card around 2 weeks ago, but till now did not received it. Is there any customer care helpline for public mobile?

Thanks 

Rohit

That's long enough to wait, so submit a trouble ticket.

You could pick up a SIM at one of PM's retailers: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

Online orders seem to be faster from Amazon and https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

Let us know your locale; a nearby member may have a spare.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rctech wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks 

Rohit

You could ask the Moderators, however they'd unlikely be able to track the progress of it.

If you really need a SIM card quickly, try Walmart (who will do the activation for you) or London Drugs, or if you happen to be in Toronto area, canadiancellsupplies.com have them in stock at their store.

Need Help? Let's chat.