cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card invalid after credit card error

sltk05
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I was trying to activate Sim card for my wife and everything went fine until the credit card step.  It said run time error. And I strated over and it says the Sim card is invalid.  It's been more than 1 hour. the old telus account is still working so I don't think it's been activated. Should I get a new Sim card and try again?

13 REPLIES 13

Horemansuk

Have you tried turning off the phone for a few minutes, then restarting.. may work.

Kimclen

@sltk05  I understand your frustration!  I experienced the same issue as you.  As long as you notify the moderator team they will get back to you.  Unfortunately it will take some time.  For me it took about 4-5 days for them to fix it!  When they did get back to me however, they fixed it within seconds and I haven’t had an issue since and have also referred friends.   Once you get our this hump it will be all good!  Hang tight it will get resolved. Make sure you contact the moderator

sltk05

Thanks for the link. I message the mod yesterday.

UPDATE: Telus service is now gone, but I have no PM service either.  My credit card is charged.   NO PHONE SERVICE, and my wife needs her phone for her work.  In short, very frustrating experience.     

lou27

sltk05

Thanks guys, I tried everything you guys recommended.  Nothing worked.  How do I get in touch with the mods? 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gurkim I would not exchange the sim card. If it says invalid after being valid it probably means there was some sort of activation. The mods are the best / only people that can make things work.

popping

@sltk05 wrote:

Hi I was trying to activate Sim card for my wife and everything went fine until the credit card step.  It said run time error. And I strated over and it says the Sim card is invalid.  It's been more than 1 hour. the old telus account is still working so I don't think it's been activated. Should I get a new Sim card and try again?

Did you closed your browser first and restart the activation process again?

@sltk05 wrote:

Pm card is not working and no charge on credit card.  I double-checked  the Sim card number. Thanks. 

Check your credit card again.  If PM had not charge your CC after 2 hours, you can try the activation again.  Close your browser and re-do the activation steps again.  If you need to go back to previous pages for any reason, close your browser and start over again.  This worked for me before.  If you keep using the current browser session, your will get activation error as the web page des not release the activation session.  Close the browser will release the activation session.  Good luck in getting the promo credits by end of today.

gurkim

we cant activate the same sim card again. so try using a different credit card to pay teh bill as your account must be already created or call your credit card company and try doing the transaction one more time. if not you can go  to the same store you got your sim card from and they can give you a new sim in exchange

lou27

The incognito route worked well for me. My transfer from Rogers was almost immediate after activation.

You need to wait about an hour before you can try to actiavte your Sim card agian after the initial failed attempt. Good luck.

@sltk05

As stated above, try a different web browser, clearing cache or going into incognito/privacy mode.  Chrome incognito mode has worked well for myself in the past.  Waiting 1-2 hours in between attempts also sometimes help.  

Another thing to consider is get a temporary public mobile number first.  Get that number activated first and then later on, you can port your telus number over.  Safer way that way.  The special promos end today....  

mimmo

If you still get invalid sim number after .trying different browser private browsing and waitingva while longer I would message mods with the sim number.  Assuming you no not need to activate today.

sltk05

Pm card is not working and no charge on credit card.  I double-checked  the Sim card number. Thanks. 

mimmo

@sltk05 check your credit card if there was a charge. check to see if teh PM sim is actually working and what number it has

from there we can try and guide you.  

Need Help? Let's chat.