cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card from Walmart

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Got a sim card from walmart. When I try to activate, it always said 'Invalid SIM'. Any one can help here?

Thanks

HZ

6 REPLIES 6

hlzhang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It works after I clean the cache and open an incognito window. Thanks everybody.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The same thing happened to me. I returned to the Mobile Shop and Sim was removed and inserted again. The Koodo info had to be cleared and then everything was fine. It happens.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hlzhang  If you got the invalid sim message the first time you tried activating the card then it's possible that the card was previously activated. My recommendation would be to take it back.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@hlzhang wrote:

Got a sim card from walmart. When I try to activate, it always said 'Invalid SIM'. Any one can help here?

Thanks

HZ

Saadly, there has been the odd instance of a previously activated SIM being sold by Walmart. If the previous suggestions fail, I suggest you return to Walmart and ask for an exchange.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

It's doubtful a new sim is invalid. Clear your cache and go into incognito mode and try again. 

The numbers are very small so be extra careful youre entering it right.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@hlzhang  you can clear your cookies and cache and use chrome browser with incognito mode on and try again! If you get that  Message again wait an hour and try

Need Help? Let's chat.