cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card didn't come home

KIROUNG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought 3 SIM cards on December 19th, but they still haven't arrived at my house. I waited too much and I am tired.

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

yes, many complain delay with their SIM card that they ordered from PM.

maybe too late.. but if you need it urgently, Walmart usually give it out free and help you to activate new account (it's possible some Walmart might not give it out for free, ymmv, , but many of my friends went and they got the SIM free)

another way is to try order from Amazon if you have PRIME account .

https://www.amazon.ca/Public-Mobile-Card-Unlocked-Phones/dp/B07R6P5KBB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=21I4J2Q8H9LJ&...

It usually will delivered within 2 days... and at least they have a better tracking.

hope it all work out for you

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yah, that's unacceptable, @KIROUNG .   Relying on getting mail from mid-Dec to mid-Jan is a lost cause.

I'd probably try to get one at local shop, see this link Stores near you (publicmobile.ca)

It's always a good idea to have a spare or two when it comes to SIM cards just in case something happens to one of yours, or if someone else you knows wants to join in the Public Mobile revolution.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

I don't blame you. Shipping shouldn't take that long in 2020/21. If you're in the west, roll into London Drugs for a sim.

Otherwise check your local walmart.

@KIROUNG wrote:

I bought 3 SIM cards on December 19th, but they still haven't arrived at my house. I waited too much and I am tired.

The SIM cards could still be on the way. Mail can sometimes take a few weeks, especially around holidays, and because of reduce shipping company capacifty implemented for social distancing. As it has been a few weeks, I suggest sending a private messgae to Modeartor_Team by going to: Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @KIROUNG ,

I ordered 2 SIMS from Canadian Cell Supplies on December 21, 2020 and they arrived 18 days later on January 8th. 

If you ordered yours through Public Mobile there may be a chance there is a tracking number, but I suspect it went regular post.

So you are dependant on the mail system. And this holiday season was one of its busiest ever!

If you want you can inquire about it.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.