cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card did not registered

Elly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello 

Picked a service, provided payment details and set up an account. Ported number from previous provider and now  sim card did not register. How to I get the sim activated?

James

12 REPLIES 12

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Elly you shouldn’t have any problem to port your old number to your new Samsung phone. It was not an issue when 2 of my friends purchased their phone from Staples and Visions.

You need to put your old Bell SIM in your new phone and wait for a confirmation from Bell that you are switching carrier. 
Once you confirmed, you can put the PM SIM in your new phone.

Remember to Power Off the phone when your remove and insert the SIMs.

It should work right away.

This customer's phone is locked to Bell. Even if the porting has gone through, this device cannot be used at Public Mobile until it gets unlocked.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Elly you shouldn’t have any problem to port your old number to your new Samsung phone. It was not an issue when 2 of my friends purchased their phone from Staples and Visions.

You need to put your old Bell SIM in your new phone and wait for a confirmation from Bell that you are switching carrier. 
Once you confirmed, you can put the PM SIM in your new phone.

Remember to Power Off the phone when your remove and insert the SIMs.

It should work right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Elly- If you haven't already got this resolved, you can also do it through Samsung Canada's live chat - on the website.  have done it multiple times through there.

@Elly wrote:

Yes It is a Samsung phone. Thank you for your help. Should I call Bell or Samsung?

I suspect Bell may give you a bit of a hassle if you're no longer a customer. Trying Samsung Canada first would be my advice. By providing them with the IMEI, they should be able to provide you with the unlock code. Tell them that you bough it from Staples as unlocked but that it self locked to the first carrier and that you need the code to use it at a different carrier now.

Elly

Yes It is a Samsung phone. Thank you for your help. Should I call Bell or Samsung?

@Elly wrote:

I'm a bit confused. Teh phone was purchased from Staples a few years ago as an unlocked phone. We purchased a pay as you go bell sim card and having using it that way since now. The phone was never locked to a provider. Is it possoble that the new public mobile sim never registered? 

The phone asking for a network unlock code can only mean one thing - it's locked.  This is a device issue.

Is this a Samsung phone? Some Samsung models with Android software automatically lock to the network of the first SIM card inserted. In addition to the carrier that the phone is locked to, Samsung Canada should also be able to help (if it's a Samsung device).

Elly

I'm a bit confused. Teh phone was purchased from Staples a few years ago as an unlocked phone. We purchased a pay as you go bell sim card and having using it that way since now. The phone was never locked to a provider. Is it possoble that the new public mobile sim never registered? 

@Elly wrote:

It was ported from bell approximately an hour ago. When the phone starts up it says invalid sim and is asking to enter network unlock code but the phone was purchased unlocked. 

This means that the phone isn't actually unlocked. You'll need to contact the carrier that is locked to get the unlock code.  Unfortunately, Public Mobile cannot assist with this, so using the automated chat or opening a ticket won't be of any help. You'll need to get your phone unlocked before it can be used at Public Mobile.

Elly

no rebooting phone does no work. reached out to chat service and said that sim did not register properly

Elly

It was ported from bell approximately an hour ago. When the phone starts up it says invalid sim and is asking to enter network unlock code but the phone was purchased unlocked. 

@Elly wrote:

Picked a service, provided payment details and set up an account. Ported number from previous provider and now  sim card did not register. How to I get the sim activated?

I am assuming that what you means is the account being registered but the phone display a message similar to "unable to to register on network".  This might be as simple to fix as restarting your phone.

Which device model are you using and did it ask anything about typing a SIM Nework Unlock PIN?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Elly wrote:

Hello 

James

@Elly hi where did you port from what does it say on your phone any messages is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.