cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card coming up as invalid.

alexm216
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was setting up my new account, and got to the last stage. I noticed the zip code was wrong, so I pressed the "previous" option, to correct it. Once I got back to that screen, the sim card was now coming up as invalid. So it somehow activated it, but I never even created an account, or paid for anything. Please help.

10 REPLIES 10

jmarsh

Thanks - initially we couldn't do this without setting up the phone with the new number which we didn't have - but we were able to retrieve the number, and then received the passwords to activate the account and the SIM card worked.

@jmarsh wrote:

i had the exact same problem, but this did not work for me - the sim card is still invalid the next day with a cleared cache... any other suggestions?

@jmarsh  try the sim in your phone. Does it conect to the network?

jmarsh

Thanks. I just checked - I was charged. I will contact the moderators.

@jmarshCheck your credit card.. had you been charged? If so, contact the moderators is the only way to go.. If not there is a slow way or a quick way.. slow way is to contact the moderators (which can take them 48 hours to respond).. quick way is consider $10 a sunk cost and get another SIM card.

Try using a different browser and incognito mode.

jmarsh

i had the exact same problem, but this did not work for me - the sim card is still invalid the next day with a cleared cache... any other suggestions?

alexm216

Thank you, I had to wait for the maintenance.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Nvm already answered

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alexm216 wrote:

I was setting up my new account, and got to the last stage. I noticed the zip code was wrong, so I pressed the "previous" option, to correct it. Once I got back to that screen, the sim card was now coming up as invalid. So it somehow activated it, but I never even created an account, or paid for anything. Please help.

@alexm216 When that happens you have to wait for about an hour and let the system activation lock to clear before trying again. Clear your browser's cache and best to launch the browser in incognito mode.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexm216 wrote:

Clear your cache, maybe use incognito/privacy mode or even a different browser and wait an hour and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.