cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card activation error

aabattery
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just bought a sim card yesterday, and when I tried to activate it, I got to the final activation screen after entering all of my info and got a "please wait while we activate." Then I got an error that said "something went wrong, please go back to the log in screen." When I try to log in, it says that my account doesn't exist. And when I try to make a new account, it says that my sim card is invalid.

I read from others on the forum that this may be due to browsers. So I cleared my history, used internet explorer incognito mode, and tried again in the morning to give it time to process. But I'm still having the same problem. Should I go back to the store and get another sim card?

30 REPLIES 30

@D3F wrote:

hello I was asked to create a ticket regarding my activation and a problem with lnp. Can someone contact me so we can resolve this. Its going on several months and I still have no idea how to create a ticket after many failed attempts. It has gone way past frustrating.

@D3F  If using simon has frustrated you as it appears it has....you can contact the moderators thru your private messages. Click on the envelope icon next to your avatar. Fill in the "send" bar with @CS_Agent  and click on the box that appears with their name as shown. Then type in the problem in the "title" bar. Then describe your issue to the moderators. Be sure to include the full name on the account, email, ph # and pin #. This will help verify you're the account holder. They may also ask you : address on account, alternate ph # if any, last payment amount, type and date, security question and answer to further verify you or if you cannot remember one of the first four identifiers. Keep an eye o your private message box for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will ensure faster service time. Good luck.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Only way to resolve this is through a moderator, as the members have stated.

D3F

hello I was asked to create a ticket regarding my activation and a problem with lnp. Can someone contact me so we can resolve this. Its going on several months and I still have no idea how to create a ticket after many failed attempts. It has gone way past frustrating.

Bunzy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes my phone works with the network cuz my old sim card worked in the phone I'm using. Yes I'm waiting on moterator to contact me again we have traded messages 3 times now back and worth but still haven't figured out the problem

Jujubean

@Bunzy 

1- have you verified if your phone works with the network?
2- Is your phone have been unlock ?( Older version )

Try to contact moderator to see if it's a problem with yours account. 

Bunzy

I replaced my old sim with a new one changed sim number and didn't work got another new sim card and it still won't work why not 

@Jujubean  Awesome maybe there's some working late tonight. Stay on top of their messages for faster service. If they don't resolve it tonight they'll be on it first thing in the morning.

Jujubean

Good tip thanks

i was able to have reply from moderator now!!!!
ill keep faith...

@Jujubean  Have you been able to message the moderators? There's a few online now you could also try messaging them directly.

@Jujubean  Go to your private messages the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen. In the address bar type in @CS_Agent and click on the box that appears with that user name so it properly tags the moderators. Then explain the issue you are having with your activation and add in your email and current phone number as well just in case they choose to call you (unlikely but can't hurt.) Then wait for a message in your private messages and keep following your thread as they may contact you on the community just don't give out any personal info on the community only do so thru private messages.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Adriana_C  can you help out  @Jujubean   they can't create a ticket to get help 

Jujubean

Yep tried that also. But since unable to.log ( it says account blocked) 

I cannot open a ticket!!! 

Can someone open one for.me????

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Jujubean  did you get to the submit button when you tried to reach the moderators?  If not, keep putting talk to a human until you get to submit.  It usually only takes them a few hours to respond lately but can take up to 48 hours 

Jujubean

Did wait 3hour. 

Says my user is already in use and sim not valid. ....

And unable to reach moderators!!!

Jujubean
Spoiler
No charge on credit card
I ve tried to re enter
Error msg: sim card not valid; username already used
???

@Jujubean  If you did not reach the payment page you just have to wait out the hour. Here's a few suggestions to prepare yourself while waiting it out. Go to  the bathroom then get yourself a tasty beverage. Have a paper and pen to write down your password, pin #, security question and answer  to put away in a safe place in case you forget this info and need it in the future. Have a copy of your credit card statement with your billing address and when you fill it out do not enter an apt/unit number in the box and leave no space in the postal code and use ALL CAPS If necessary. Before you start clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode preferably using chrome or Firefox as they work best on the pm site. Do not use the back button. The referral code is halfway down the first page don't forget to enter it.  Not sure which plan your choosing...the $35 has the least value the $40 is great with 5gb or if you don't use lot of data  then the $25 is good with 1gb. Both qualify for the free month credit.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Jujubean can you check to see if they charged your credit card?  If not just wait an hour and try activating the Sim card again! 

Jujubean

Hi,

Just open an account. After entering credit card information I ve pressed next,  then and timeout server message error appears then was unable to log, re enter to create account, change password or open a ticket to reset my account???? 

Only solution I've read was to buy a new sim.card!!!

Every way I try to log it give me an error. Unable to reach anyone. 

Please help. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mrtompig all you can do now is wait and the moderators will help you with that!  

mrtompig

@Melch wrote:

Like they said for the orininal poster, you may have to wait an hour before trying again.  In the meantime, try restarting the phone.  I had to wait an hour after too many failed attempts on registering the SIM

But my credit card's already charged, whereas I assume in your described scenario, it appears you got errors without being charged.  I just tried again now for s#@! and giggles, and it's invalid SIM error now.

I had submitted question to Moderator so let's see if I will get a response tonight.  It appears the OP noted "Resolved" pointing to the Moderator's support.

Melch

Like they said for the orininal poster, you may have to wait an hour before trying again.  In the meantime, try restarting the phone.  I had to wait an hour after too many failed attempts on registering the SIM

GR
Mayor / Maire

@mrtompig  click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to hopefully tonight but if not then tomorrow 

mrtompig

I have the EXACT same problem.... 

Got the same error message and then tried to re-login back in, but it doesn't recognize the account login.  Then I try to re-register and activate process again, but the SIM card says not valid.  I also have confirmation from credit card company that the charge already went through as well.  So, caught in no man's land.  Can someone please help me?  Thanks!

aabattery

Thanks everyone, it's working now! Ironically I spent a good five hours trying to cancel my bell plan to switch over to Public Mobile because of how bad their customer service is and had to deal with nothing but long hold times and useless customer support. So glad I don't have to pay for worthless "customer support" anymore.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @aabattery,

We`ll be glad to help, we`re going to send you a message.

Have a nice day!

@aabattery  yes,  do not cancel your bell account!!  After the port is completed then it will automatically close the bell account.  As for the phone being locked to bell, you need to call bell to get your phone unlocked before you can use it with public mobile!   Don't forget a refferal code to get the 10$ credit also

aabattery

I've submitted a ticket but it is telling me that I could have to wait up to 48 hours. How fast should I expect a reply to the ticket? I'm just worried because the reason I signed up was for the black friday bonus 5gb of data that expires in 48 hours.

Also to answer another users suggestion of checking my credit card, I'm using a prepaid voucher that I bought in the mall, so I have no way of checking to see if it went through or not.

I also tried putting the chip into my phone, but my phone is still locked to my Bell service provider. I'm transfering my number from bell to PMobile, and I was told that I need to transfer my number to PM first before I cancel my bell number or else i can risk losing my number. Is this true?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@aabattery wrote:

Hello, I just bought a sim card yesterday, and when I tried to activate it, I got to the final activation screen after entering all of my info and got a "please wait while we activate." Then I got an error that said "something went wrong, please go back to the log in screen." When I try to log in, it says that my account doesn't exist. And when I try to make a new account, it says that my sim card is invalid.

Check your banking to see if payemnt went through. If so, try restarting your phone.

Alternative is to wait an hour, try a different web browser, clear cache files and use incognito mode.
Keep us posted

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@aabattery wrote:

You will probably it have to wait an hour but I would try using your browser in private or incognito mode when you do the process again

ETA looks like you added to your post that you tried the above if you are still having issues

You will need the assistance of the Moderators and to do that you will need to create a Trouble Ticket.  Click this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow the prompts to get to the Contact Us button and then a Submit Ticket button will appear.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GR
Mayor / Maire

@aabattery  can you check if they charged your credit card? Also put the Sim card in the phone to see if it works.  If they didn't charge your card you'll have to wait 1 hour and then try the activation again. The system puts a hold on a Sim number for 50 minutes or so when you try to activate so if it didn't go thru it will let the number go in an hour 

Need Help? Let's chat.