cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card activated, but showing sim card failure on phone

Mama44
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got an old Iphone unlocked from our carrier for my son to use. ordered a public mobile sim, activated today, but still can't get it to work. If I check the usage on my account it shows a 4 second outgoing call from the assigned phone number, but we haven't even gotten it to recognize the sim card.

Help?

10 REPLIES 10

I think you're talking about iMessage?

If you're connected to wifi or data and doing an iMessage (appears in blue instead of green) then no you wouldn't be charged towards texting limit.

I'm not that familiar with how iPhones work but I do think there might be some issues that could arise that would count towards texting limit..

Example if your son is in a group iMessage chat and someone does not have an iPhone that groups chat I think gets sent or received both via iMessage for apple users and sms messages for non apple users... so that might count towards text Usage.

I also believe you can send an iMessage to non apple users and that is sent via SMS as a text (showing the message in green for sms rather then blue for iMessage) that would count towards usage as well.

Hopefully someone that uses iPhones on a daily basis will respond to your question to give you a clear concise answer. 

@Mama44 wrote:

Seems to be good! Thanks for the help and the information.

Can anyone tell me if apple to apple texts count towards his outgoing texting limit?

Mama44

Seems to be good! Thanks for the help and the information.

Can anyone tell me if apple to apple texts count towards his outgoing texting limit?

So it's working now?

I was just going to suggest that you read thread below as someone else had issues with an iPhone 4 and all the posts said for then to connect to iTunes.. He ended up working after he connected to iTunes 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/iPhone-4-not-recognizing-Public-Wirel...

Mama44

ok may have had breakthrough. conncted to itunes to back up his contacts etc ( he was using it on wifi without a sim)

Itunes displayed a "congratulation your phone has now been unlocked" message.

I was then able to go into Cellullar network settings on the phone and update the info.

Mama44

Screenshot_2019-09-07 Public Mobile - Overview.png

Possible you can take a screen shot of your self serve account and post here??

IMPORTANT:: Black out all your personal information on screen shot, name, email, account number, etc.

Thanks

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

What does your Overview page in Self Serve say? Can you post a screenshot without your personal info, i.e acct #, phone #, email, etc.?

Pay special attention to Available Funds, Payment Due Date, And Account Status.

Mama44

have rebooted,have reinserted sim, have contacted Rogers again to ensure phone really is unlocked, just changed phone number. account shows balance.

nothing working. (unless we are using wifi and email address for messaging/calling).

Its an iphone 4 or 4s?

phone either displays "no service", No Sim, Or sim failure  when I restart

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Also you said old iPhone...maybe the phone is still LOCKED to other provider?? You'd need to get phone unlocked to recognize sim.

What was old provider if it was Telus or Koodo it should work in theory but any other provider you'd need phone to be unlocked 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

So first what works what doesn't?

Calls incoming?

Calls outgoing?

Text Incoming?

Text outgoing?

Internet data?

Did you port number from another provider? How long ago of you did?

Also log into self serve account check payment due date does it say Dec 30 1969? (This was a system error last night)

Is there a balance in your account?

What phone do you have?

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Have you tried pulling sim card out and putting it back in?

Need Help? Let's chat.