cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card activated but service not working

sepcat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I activated my sim card yesterday as a new number and it is still not active. I am using it on an iPhone 3. How long does it typically take for a new activated number to start working? Any help here would be appreciated. 

Thank you

S

7 REPLIES 7

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When I was in store, I was asked for my old FIDO account number so that’s what I’m guessing it’s for, but it can’t hurt to let them know.

@Helpershelper wrote:

It could be possible you didn’t let your old provider know that you’ve ported over. It could also be possible that your iPhone isn’t compatible on this network. I would go to a physical location and let them try and activate it. That’s really the fastest way.

@Helpershelper There is no requirement whatsoever to notify your old company that you are porting to another company unless you have a Port lock protection feature (not available here BTW). A reply previous to yours determined that the phone in question should work on the PM network.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

When I activated mine in store it was instant. It could be possible you didn’t let your old provider know that you’ve ported over. It could also be possible that your iPhone isn’t compatible on this network. I would go to a physical location and let them try and activate it. That’s really the fastest way.

@sepcat 

Your new PM number should be working immediately.  Did you get charged for the activation? Did you get welcome email?  iPhone 3 should work with basic 3G bands, but no connection with LTE.  

A few other things to consider:

Reboot phone

Network reset

Connect iPhone to iTunes, update IOS

Maybe try your PM Sim card in another working phone.  That helps determine whether hardware set up issue versus PM activation issue.

Samson123x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Took my transfer from bell to PM 2hrs

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@sepcat wrote:

Hello,

I activated my sim card yesterday as a new number and it is still not active. I am using it on an iPhone 3. How long does it typically take for a new activated number to start working? Any help here would be appreciated. 

Thank you

S

Your I3 won't work on the PM networks.

Edit...I just checked with ...https://willmyphonework.net/

it says your phone should work but only on some 3G bands  ...850MHz, 1900MHz

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you restart your phone?

Can you check your status on selfserve?

It should be instant.

Is your phone unlocked?

Can you try or in different phone?