cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activation problem

Jodi2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having a hell of a time trying to activate my sim card. Every time I fill out the form it tells me my email is invalid and it is not. Help!

15 REPLIES 15

@SAM-A wrote:

Hey!

Did you recieve the confirmation email when you ordered the sim? That ways it confirms if system captured your correct email ID or not.

Thank You!

Activating a sim card is in no way related to the e-mail address provided at the time of sim card ordering. 

@Jodi2 wrote:

I already have . I literally have done everything the agent in the live chat told me to do and nothing is working!! This is absolutely the worst! 

@Jodi2  Do you have  any extensions or Anti-Malware running? Try temporarily disabling them and also try a different browser.

SAM-A

Hey!

Did you recieve the confirmation email when you ordered the sim? That ways it confirms if system captured your correct email ID or not.

Thank You!

@Jodi2 once you have restarted, clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card. 

Here's 3 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
3. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome to PM. Stay safe.

Jodi2

I already have . I literally have done everything the agent in the live chat told me to do and nothing is working!! This is absolutely the worst! 

@Jodi2 try again in a couple hours.. maybe the system is taking a 💩. it happens with cheap software/hardware...

@Jodi2 wrote:

I've already done that. Nothing is working!!!

@Jodi2  Your browser must have cookies and JavaScript enabled. Try restarting your computer.

Jodi2

I've already done that. Nothing is working!!!

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I might not have the right answer, but  I am a new member and when I went to activate my SIM card it didn't like Edge, so I think I might have gone to Google Chrome or my Ipad and it accepted the information from there.  It might be worth a shot.  Good luck and Welcome to Public Mobile.

Jodi2

I've already done that and talked to someone on live chat twice and I've gotten no answers or help!! This is insane!!!

@Jodi2 wrote:

I've even made a band new email and that doesnt work either

@Jodi2  Try clearing your cache and running your browser in incognito mode.

Jodi2

I've even made a band new email and that doesnt work either

@Jodi2 wrote:

Its not long. I use it for everything and never any issues 

@Jodi2  Have you used that email in the past with another PM account? If not, then submit a ticket to PM. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Jodi2

Its not long. I use it for everything and never any issues 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jodi2 wrote:

I'm having a hell of a time trying to activate my sim card. Every time I fill out the form it tells me my email is invalid and it is not. Help!

@Jodi2  How long is the email? Have you used that email with any other PM account? If yes, then that's why, the email must be unique or use an email alias as a workaround.

Need Help? Let's chat.