cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sim Unlock Pin

I recently changed my sim from a samsung galaxy s6 to an s3 until my new phone shows up.

It is asking for an unlock code to be usable. How do I get this code?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Sim Unlock Pin

@OwenMartinsounds like your phone is still locked to the original provider. Contact them with the imei of your phone and they will unlock it without any charges.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@OwenMartin wrote:

I recently changed my sim from a samsung galaxy s6 to an s3 until my new phone shows up.

It is asking for an unlock code to be usable. How do I get this code?

What is the exact message it's giving you?

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@OwenMartin the default pin should be 1234 if you enter the pin incorrectly 3 times you will get a PUK code

Highlighted

@OwenMartinsounds like your phone is still locked to the original provider. Contact them with the imei of your phone and they will unlock it without any charges.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gpixel4 wrote:

@OwenMartin the default pin should be 1234 if you enter the pin incorrectly 3 times you will get a PUK code

Neither of these would work for a SIM Network Unlock PIN. The question asked earlier about the exact messages of the on-screen message is an important one because a member wouldn't want either a phone that can no longer be carrier unlocked or a SIM card that is no longer usable.

Highlighted

@OwenMartin yo can also contact Samsung online. You will need your IMEI number dial *#06# to get it. Here is the link to Samsung Online.