cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Not Provisioned Error Message Help

saltyseafish
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have been using the same sim card for a while and suddenly it stopped working the other night. 

I tried using it in another unlocked phone and it it said "Sim Not Provisioned"

I looked up this error code and it said it for new sims or suspended sims.

I have done a few other trouble shooting steps, but it does not seem to work either.

Please let me know what I need to do. Do I need to get a new sim?

Thank you

19 REPLIES 19

Sim not provisioned can't be fixed by removing or cleaning.  It means sim is not active or was cancelled.

Yes, switch to the correct sim card number in self serve and change your password.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@saltyseafish wrote:

Thank you for confimring. 

I just checked, my phyiscal sim card and double checked the numbers and the do not match.

I tried to input my sim card number again, but it says its in use.

I'm guessing my account got compromised.

Weird thing is the same day that this happened to me, my paypal account got hacked. 

Not sure if they are related.

I will be purchasing a Sim card later today. 

Well if your Public Mobile account has the same login credentials as PayPal, it is quite conceivable that the account could have been compromised also.  By the way, these days taking over someone's cell account is major security breach that transcends password leaks.  Many 2 factor authentication systems use text messaging. 

CBC Marketplace Social Engineering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck_r2GYLdCI

The hecker got in a Rogers account even with the wrong pin, wrong postal code.  

Start watching at 5:38 for the juice part.

saltyseafish

Will definitely be changing my passwords for a few other things.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

@saltyseafish wrote:

I just checked, my phyiscal sim card and double checked the numbers and the do not match.

Weird thing is the same day that this happened to me, my paypal account got hacked. 

Well if your Public Mobile account has the same login credentials as PayPal, it is quite conceivable that the account could have been compromised also.  By the way, these days taking over someone's cell account is major security breach that transcends password leaks.  Many 2 factor authentication systems use text messaging. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saltyseafish wrote:

Oh dear. Somebody else maybe yesterday theorized that maybe an activation data entry gets mis-typed and then that kills someone else's SIM. I don't know. Check your consumption counters though.

Not to do with a SIM but when I first signed up, I got calls for someone in an immediate context...not just calling that someone out of the blue. So goofy things can and do seem to happen.

saltyseafish

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saltyseafish wrote:

It appears to be okay.

The number on the sim card is the sim card number correct?

I just took it out and it looks like its not the same one inputted in the sim portal?

Unfortunately, the self-serve only shows the last 4 digits but yes they should be the same.

I have an old SIM lying around and I checked continuity between the segments and they are electrically separate.

saltyseafish

It appears to be okay.

The number on the sim card is the sim card number correct?

I just took it out and it looks like its not the same one inputted in the sim portal?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@saltyseafish wrote:

Hi,

Sorrry, but I'm not familair with the term "Bridging"

Could you please explain?

I'll chime in with my interpretation...I suspect he means that the gold electrical contacts in the phone might cross to other segments of the SIM.

Either that or electrical arcing/contact between the segments.

saltyseafish

Hi,

Sorrry, but I'm not familair with the term "Bridging"

Could you please explain?

@saltyseafish wrote:

IMG_20190225_093623-min.jpg

This is what the Sim card looks like. Does it look off to you, I'm not sure what it supposed to look like?

The black markings look ominous.  Is there a possibility of bridging there?

saltyseafish

IMG_20190225_093623-min.jpg

This is what the Sim card looks like. Does it look off to you, I'm not sure what it supposed to look like?

saltyseafish

Thanks. I have tried the Lost and Found, but have had no luck.

It still says Emergency Call Only.

I have messaged a mod in the meantime.

Thannk you for your help.

@saltyseafish In your account on the top left click "Plan and Add-Ons" then "Lost/Stolen Phone"

Yes @saltyseafish in PLAN/ADDS-ON you will see it..

saltyseafish

Hi, 

Thank you for your respose.

I just checked my account, it does say ACTIVE on it.

How do I report the phone stolen through the account portal?

Kind regards,

Matt

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@saltyseafish, check the SIM card for signs of corrosion or discoloration.  Maybe it is not making good contact. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Check your self serve account statut on your first page ACTIVE or SUSPENDED....

You don't need a new sim for that now...

But you can already write a message to the moderator as mentionned above...

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Make sure that your account status is active, then try reporting your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found, then restart your phone. If it's still not working you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.