cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Cards Now $2.99

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

I have used them for cards and vouchers, as have other members here. A reputable company.

41 REPLIES 41

@MoreYummy wrote:

wondering how long the sim card can stay unused.

Hi @MoreYummy there is no expiry date.

Happy Holidays! 🎄🎄🎄

@MoreYummy wrote:

@MoreYummy 

SIM cards.that haven't been used don't expire.

@Sadi79 wrote:

i had chat with them and for monthly allowed limit change from 8 to 2 is they do not want to sell it to reseller and if sim cards are not activated they won't earn commission also they said its not bread and butter which someone needs frequently and they have learned with experience that selling more is not success but all sim cards should be activated and due more sale and less activation they are not getting more supply and that is real reason for making limit 2 per month. it make sense but their business model is weird , any ways if a friend of mine needs it i will ask him to order it and use my referral code.

Ummm does that make sense? They will all eventually be activated. So they are saying that all SIMS from all carriers record what SIM numbers they have? Then when activated CCS gets a commission? I don’t think that people that are buying them, are using them for collecting. I agree WEIRD! I have been with “head in cloud” trying to figure out all the antics that these guys do. I remain foggy in regards to their business model. 

Your alternative makes sense. But not everyone has PayPal or my not have a trust level.

Just to add they have to be tracking how many of each a customer has purchased as they say they will deny you if you are exceeding the weekly/monthly limit. And because I did a couple of orders they offered me to buy a large lot.  And that offer used to be on their website too. And you can buy, for a bit more $, here....any amount, any time and is right across the street from CCS. https://budgetelectronics.ca/product-description.php?id=72486179

The stated reason of change could be a fabricated story to stand behind as a result of the carriers or suppliers. We will never know right now ....but maybe will later. 

Sadi79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i had chat with them and for monthly allowed limit change from 8 to 2 is they do not want to sell it to reseller and if sim cards are not activated they won't earn commission also they said its not bread and butter which someone needs frequently and they have learned with experience that selling more is not success but all sim cards should be activated and due more sale and less activation they are not getting more supply and that is real reason for making limit 2 per month. it make sense but their business model is weird , any ways if a friend of mine needs it i will ask him to order it and use my referral code.

CCS says prices are based on demand and I think that is a unproven theory that is unexplainable!

Like gasoline, the price is based on demand only when enough fuel is NOT produced by the refineries and when too much is sitting ready to go the price goes down......but do we all have a second fuel tank to take advantage of the lower price? No, it all is about control of production kept very tight to the actual demand and to keep prices high. Too much fuel has a shelf life and has to be marked down. 

Do SIM cards have a shelf life?

In my opinion, CCS has some amateur marketing manager changing prices based on spinning a wheel and I am sure what they do is against the competition act. The same amateur has a web site with errors in grammar and policy wording. That makes them to not be that credible although they do deliver quickly. But they don’t deliver what you see!!! Which is wrong. 

And 2 SIM card per week x 4 = 8 a month and now 6 less per month. Why? Aren’t they shooting themselves in their foot?

Sadi79

I think its coincidence as they keep on changing prices and policies , to me it looks they are working hard to make more pro website , just checked their google rating is awesome 5 stars for almost 170 , I am kind of impressed usually i see many other competitive seller for mobile phones do not have good ratings...hopefully they will keep prices low in future, waiting for top up vouchers badly.........😂  CCS wake up now LOL

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Weekly Limit on SIM Cards:

Only 2 SIM Cards of any brand are allowed in a Month and we may block your accounts if you will place multiple orders or create multiple accounts.

LOL it is a WEEKLY limit of 2 per MONTH. The amateur marketing director also keeps up their web site!!

lol....they are a watching....fixed next day!!!

Monthly Limit on SIM Cards:

Only 2 SIM Cards of any brand are allowed in a Month and we may block your accounts if you will place multiple orders or create multiple accounts.

Sadi79

it looks they did not achieve what they wanted to and stopped selling more to repeat customers and i also see that they have eBay account and there is also limit of 2 per 10 days 

Looks they are learning things and applying over time. 

Any idea when vouchers will be available again as last sale was on 16 Nov its almost a month now 

open this link to see last voucher code

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Weekly Limit on SIM Cards:

LOL it is a WEEKLY limit of 2 per MONTH. The amateur marketing director also keeps up their web site!!

Sadi79

$3 Public SIM Card with FREE Shipping - Cool Price 🙂

and I can see still they have in stock if anyone want to save money !

Now you can order 4 SIM Cards every week, Looks they have lot of stock again

Sadi79

Search Canadian Cell Supplies on Google or copy past below link to buy Public SIM Card

so far know cheapest price for Public and all other SIM Cards if someone is looking for 🙂

canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

PM uses Telus and Bell cell towers which are 4G but speeds get throttled to 3G.  For daily use you will probably not notice any difference.  If you you stream 4K video or high quality music then you might have buffering.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mattredwingsfan wrote:

@Sadi79 

As I understand Public Mobile is a Telus company and uses the Telus network.

Telus and Bell have a reciprocal network sharing agreement. The signal you are offered is 3G with Public Mobile however often times I'm getting 4G (LTE) throughout the day

The key is that the 4G/LTE connection is throttled at 3G speeds for Public Mobile.

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sadi79 

As I understand Public Mobile is a Telus company and uses the Telus network.

Telus and Bell have a reciprocal network sharing agreement. The signal you are offered is 3G with Public Mobile however often times I'm getting 4G (LTE) throughout the day

@Sadi79 Coverage is the same as Telus/Bell. Data is over the LTE network but is throttled or restricted to 3G speeds. Unless you stream 4K videos on your phone you probably won't notice a difference.

Sadi79

my contract with Rogers gonna expired soon and i want to shift on Public 

can someone give idea how is the network signal and is Public give 3G or 4G (LTE) data

Sadi79

I got good news from CCS and they said soon they will have fresh stock for public SIM Cards and it will be on same price $2.99 and they will send an email hopefully this week anytime. also confirmed that when an item is out of stock then it shows full price before any discounts 🙂

so no worries wait for a while if anyone is not in rush and also they stopped temp pickup from both location which is not a big deal as they ship pretty quick. 

Bravo me if you like this post

@LurganIeUk Once they are "Sold Out" as indicated there, the price defaults back to the original pre sale pricing. Once in stock they are always (as far as I have seen( cheaper here.

Less $ here. But pay shipping and there is a minimum $ purchase. 

A6BB4229-714B-409F-A328-A10865421C8A.jpeg

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv wrote:

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards/products/public-sim-card

I have used them for cards and vouchers, as have other members here. A reputable company.

Check the current price. Pricing by  yoyo. 

43521E6B-7394-4B08-A5B0-6BAAB6BE204E.jpeg

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Once in a while, they also have discount codes sent out if you're on their e-mail list.  A couple weeks ago they had 30% off $2.99, so the SIM cards were even cheaper.

The recent top-up vouchers from CCS show "Grab and Go, $10 PIN+$10 SIM" at the top, so I suspect they have access to limited quantities of cheap activation bundles from PM which they split and sell separately.  I won't go into my speculations further, but I posted once about them here.

Sadi79

yes this make sense and guess what i just tried to order from their eBay link and it says 2 max every 10 days so they have restriction on eBay as well, looks right that they want to increase their direct customer instead getting resellers 🙂

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@Sadi79 wrote:

I don't understand why they are not allowing more than 4 sim cards weekly and 4 top up daily, any idea ?

Maybe they still have some stockpiled from years ago, when PM gave them away for free, and they'll ration them out to attract business for as long as possible?

@Korth @Sadi79 Maybe to stop someone from buying up the lot and listing them on ebay or craigslist etc?

@Sadi79  Public Mobile is very popular. A few months ago when someone posted about CCS many people bought a bunch of cards. Vouchers sold out in 30 minutes. They then put a limit to 2 per week and I believe 1 voucher. Likely to give everyone a chance to get a sim or a possible voucher. The deals also get posted on Redflagdeals. Continuously CCS has been sold out on vouchers and the price of sims change from time to time. 

It's nice to see that the limit is raised a bit now. Black Friday is coming soon 😀

@Sadi79 wrote:

I don't understand why they are not allowing more than 4 sim cards weekly and 4 top up daily, any idea ?

Maybe they still have some stockpiled from years ago, when PM gave them away for free, and they'll ration them out to attract business for as long as possible?

Sadi79

in my opinion they have some connection with these companies as they just not offering cheaper sim cards but also 15-20% OFF on Top Up , most probably getting some returns otherwise who should be crazy to loss for marketing purposes only !

its just my assumption and could be wrong though

also they are selling on eBay a link is available on Canadian Cell Supplies website 

and they they +100 google and +1100 ebay since 2016 (5 stars review) looks very legit company. but one thing they mentioned that prices depends on stock and can go up and down while i chatted on whatsapp on their website.

I realize that blank physical SIM cards cost something around $0.25 each (in bulk). And the firmware - flash programming, burning in "unique" ID codes - costs around $0.25 each (in bulk). Along with the branding and printing and packaging stuff probably adds another buck or two to each piece.

Every carrier has given away free SIM cards at some point. Or sold them for as low as $5 at some point. So they obviously don't cost much. $3 (or less) seems about right.

I just assume that Public Mobile (or Telus) has paid someone to program and code and brand and package their SIMs. And that this would be a secured arrangement, secure facility, secure packages, secure delivery (because carriers certainly don't want to risk their SIMs being copied, hacked, or compromised before they reach the customer).

So I wonder how a third-party vendor could've obtained PM SIM cards at PM's own SIM card prices. And why PM would allow them to sell them cheaper.

@Korth wrote:

How can they afford to sell Public Mobile SIM cards cheaper than Public Mobile itself?

Let’s see. They sell a $10 SIM:

Public Mobile $3.99 - 30% minus cost of envelope, $1.00 stamp, process address label and labour $.29. = $1.50 net profit for the seller approx. 

Bell $.79 - 50% minus cost of envelope, $1.00 stamp, process address label and labour $.29. = $.89 net loss for the seller. 

Not to mention rent, website utilities etc. 

@Korth wrote:

How can they afford to sell Public Mobile SIM cards cheaper than Public Mobile itself?

None of us really have any idea of what the cost is to that company, if they receive a bulk disocunt, or if authorized retailer even pay anything for sim cards.  Anything said here will be speculation.

Need Help? Let's chat.