cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card says it Invalid

KamKott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi to whom it may concern,

I just got my sim card in the mail yesterday. I am trying to activate my Sim card today, but it says that the sim card is invalid. Whenever I redo the application, the sim box just turns up red. Any ideas on what it could be?

I checked the compatiability of my phone, that should be fine. I checked to see if my phone was blacklisted, nothing came up. 

6 REPLIES 6

KamKott

That didn't work. I'll have to let the moderators know.

@SD08 wrote:

@KamKott wrote:

I will do that right away, and get back to you. Thank you.

@KamKott 

Before you retry, I would advise to make sure your credit card wasn't charged already.  If it was, it's likely an activation error and you'll need the moderators to assist instead.

@SD08  Good point

@KamKott  Not sure what point your application failed and you had to re-do, but did you try inserting the sim card in the phone to see if you had service?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KamKott wrote:

@KamKott 

Before you retry, I would advise to make sure your credit card wasn't charged already.  If it was, it's likely an activation error and you'll need the moderators to assist instead.

@KamKott wrote:

Great but if it doesn't work after all the steps, and you wait 1 hour. I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. as there will be nothing I or anyone here can do for you if you have typed in the correct number and its coming up invalid.

KamKott

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@KamKott wrote:

Hi to whom it may concern,

I just got my sim card in the mail yesterday. I am trying to activate my Sim card today, but it says that the sim card is invalid. Whenever I redo the application, the sim box just turns up red. Any ideas on what it could be?

I checked the compatiability of my phone, that should be fine. I checked to see if my phone was blacklisted, nothing came up. 

@KamKott  Re-Do? Did it turn up invalid the first time, or did you cancel mid way and try to do it all over again. It is likely the card is locked in a different session temporary.

Clear your cache/browsing history remove all cookies associated with activate.publicmobile* and try another browser / disable add-ons / private browsing / incognito. If you are using safari / cell phone go to a real computer and if all that fails, wait an hour and try again.

If nothing ends up helping, I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above steps will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.