cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card and account creation

Pamel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I have been trying to connect with Public mobile. I purchased a sim card and tried to activate it without  success. Let me know how thanks. I have no phone connections at the moment. 

Thanks

Pamela 

12 REPLIES 12

Pamel

Thanks I will try and see if I and get a refund.   

@Pamel  If they sold you the wrong sim card you should be able to return it for a full refund. The card is still good since it hasn't been activated with the provider.

@Pamel wrote:

My apologies , I asked the lady at Cedarbrae mall  kiosk  for a Public mobile sim card and she gave me this lucky mobile card!!  but she did make sure and tell me in good English that the card is not refundable.    

Thanks, now I am back to where I started. 

Oh sorry to hear that. 😞

I would still try to get them to exchange it for a Public Mobile one you, even though it was stated "not refundable". What does it hurt to try? It sounds like it was the kiosk's error.

Pamel

My apologies , I asked the lady at Cedarbrae mall  kiosk  for a Public mobile sim card and she gave me this lucky mobile card!!  but she did make sure and tell me in good English that the card is not refundable.    

Thanks, now I am back to where I started. 

@esjliv wrote:

@Pamel wrote:

I got an invalid sim card. Wait, is Lucky mobile and public mobile the same ?

Hi @Pamel ,

Lucky and Public Mobile are NOT the same.

Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

Did you obtain a Public Mobile SIM?

fyi Lucky is owned by Bell Mobility.

Brand ownership aside, Lucky Mobile and Bell Mobility sim cards are not interchangeable, just as Telus Mobility and Public Mobile sim cards aren't.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

They are different companies.  Lucky Mobile is a Canadian prepaid mobile virtual network operator and a subsidiary of Bell Canada.

PM is owned by Telus.

@Pamel wrote:

Hi @Pamel ,

Lucky and Public Mobile are NOT the same.

Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

Did you obtain a Public Mobile SIM?

fyi Lucky is owned by Bell Mobility.

Pamel

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Pamel if your credit card was charged insert your SIM into your phone and see if it works. Also try to log into your self service account. If it wasn't charged wait 50 minutes from last attempt, clear your browser history,  go to private/ incognito mode and try again to activate your SIM card. 

Here's 3 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
2.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
3. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card to make sure you have not been charged.

Try waiting an hour.  Try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Pamel wrote:

Hi there, 

I have been trying to connect with Public mobile. I purchased a sim card and tried to activate it without  success. Let me know how thanks. I have no phone connections at the moment. 

Thanks

Pamela 

Hi @Pamel ,

Are you getting an INVALID SIM message? If so, you may be timing out in the activation process. Give it another try in an hour.

Here are steps to How To Activate:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

Is there something else you are having issues with, please provide details.

Thanks

@Pamel wrote:

Hi there, 

Were there any error messgaes during the process?

Need Help? Let's chat.