cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card activation failed

squirelrepublic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm trying to active my PM sim card and I'm moving from Koodoo but it seems it failed due to Generic error on the last stage of the activation, could you please assists in fixing this error ?

Account is created, payment is recorded but I can't use the SIM as of yet (still under my Koodoo Sim)

squirelrepublic_0-1586032414926.pngsquirelrepublic_1-1586032478275.png

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

@squirelrepublic  Send s message to. 

@CS_Agent 

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@squirelrepublic wrote:

Hello,

Unfortunately I have tried all 3 solutions provided above and nothing work so perhaps I should start a ticket which also for unknwon reason can't be submitted so may I know Mod user name so I can PM ?

Thanks for your help

To contact a moderator who can access your account to assist you do the following:

Click on the green question mark in the bottom right of your screen.Type “moderator” and follow the prompts. Choose “Account-specific question” and then “No, I want a human” and submit a ticket.

Once connected follow the prompts to submit your question.

Check the envelope icon (top right) to make sure your message was sent in the sent folder and the reply from the moderator will be in your inbox.

"To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help."

Moderator Hours:
- Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
- Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

squirelrepublic

Hello,

Unfortunately I have tried all 3 solutions provided above and nothing work so perhaps I should start a ticket which also for unknwon reason can't be submitted so may I know Mod user name so I can PM ?

Thanks for your help

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@squirelrepublic wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to active my PM sim card and I'm moving from Koodoo but it seems it failed due to Generic error on the last stage of the activation, could you please assists in fixing this error ?

Account is created, payment is recorded but I can't use the SIM as of yet (still under my Koodoo Sim)

squirelrepublic_0-1586032414926.pngsquirelrepublic_1-1586032478275.png

Thanks

@squirelrepublic  It appears that you card was activated. Insert your sim card in your phone does it connect to Public's network? If yes, then your sim should be activated.  If not, then try the following:

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

Note: Your $10 referral credit will appear within 72 hours in your account and will automatically be used during your next plan renewal.

@squirelrepublic  to add to @JoyLuck  's answer, after you send your message, check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

If your porting from Koodo...

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@squirelrepublic 

Turn off your phone.  Wait couple of minutes and turn it back with PM SIM card inserted.

You will get your referral credit within 72 hours after activation.  Your friend did not tell yopur that.

squirelrepublic

Additionally, I have yet to receive the referal credit

Need Help? Let's chat.