cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Order

bud21ca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I received a confirmation email and another email saying that order was ready to ship 2 days ago. It still has not shipped? Order #xxxxxxx. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

35 REPLIES 35

@Mary_M wrote:

just to clarify, all sim cards orders take about 3 to 7 business days to ship.

3-7 business days just to ship, wow.... might be a long time for customers who want to sign up now but are very far away from stores, i didn't know it was so long. In the future I will let customers know if they are in a rush they can do $15 on eBay shipped within 2 business days, or for $20 shipped same business day. Edit- (Although I have seen them go as low as $8... currently $15/$20 are the only live options right now when I make this post)

Considering that public mobile doesn't make money on the sims (I heard they actually lose money after xpresspost shipping) I see no issue with telling people they can get them on eBay for much faster delivery, should be a win/win for everyone.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Just a reminder to my fellow Oracles ( @ShawnC13 @will13am @stonechucker @Luddite @mimmo @computergeek541 @SD08) to edit the order number. In this topic, OP provided the order number, and i was able to track it without providing the postal code. So make sure to edit this detail on future posts. 

bud21ca

Thanks again!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

I totally understand - it happens to me as well 😛 @bud21ca Like I said, if you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to us privately 🙂 we're here to help!

Have a great day,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

bud21ca

Thank You @Mary_M, I appreciate the response. I will wait. I was having a bad week and let a little thing get me annoyed. I apologize to the PM community and look forward to using Public Mobile.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @bud21ca,

just to clarify, all sim cards orders take about 3 to 7 business days to ship. As it has only been 2 days, I suggest waiting a little longer. For further questions, feel free to send us a private message.

Regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@bud21ca wrote:

Im not so concerned about the sim now as I am more concerned about porting a prepaid koodo # over. If a Moderator can't answer me on the Sim question, how am I expected to trust them to get my # ported?

This community has very helpful tips and information that is shared in a very professional manner. I would not be concerned about any issues from either the Oracles or the moderators. I am new here and have had to use mods to fix a PIN issue and it was rectified in a matter of hours with excellent descriptions.

No, there are is no call center, but they have to give a bit in order to pass on the savings to the customers! I have found that browsing through the topics and/or using the search function has led me to almost all my questions being answered.

bud21ca

@Doonerz thank you for sharing your experience! I will wait for it I guess.

Doonerz

@bud21ca wrote:

I received a confirmation email and another email saying that order was ready to ship 2 days ago. It still has not shipped? Order #156506. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They also do not update any shipping tracking from Canada Post.

Doonerz

@bud21ca wrote:

I received a confirmation email and another email saying that order was ready to ship 2 days ago. It still has not shipped? Order #156506. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have ordered SIM cards on two separate occasions in the past month. No tracking information for either one. They send out an email to let you know that the card has been shipped, but after being directed to the Public Mobile payment page, nothing updates.

I would not be too worried. My first card came in 3 days (mind you Telus shipped it from Calgary, which is 2 hours from my home). 

The second SIM card I ordered came from Ontario, which took about 1 1/2 weeks. Strange that they choose Ontario for the second one?

bud21ca

Im not so concerned about the sim now as I am more concerned about porting a prepaid koodo # over. If a Moderator can't answer me on the Sim question, how am I expected to trust them to get my # ported?

bud21ca

Whoa calm down @stonechucker, I didn't come on here to get flamed! I came on here to see why my sim said shipping but has not. BTW They are sent xpresspost. In all reality if you are not a mod then you cannot give an answer!

@bud21ca, seriously, you ordered on Sunday, you posted here this morning that you haven’t received it.  I’m certain in the past I’ve seen a notice of that it’s been shipped, but Canada Post doesn’t accept sending information until it is picked up on a regular business day, ie Monday, and even though this is an expensive small item delivery method for no tracking ability, waiting for the sim to come from one of Toronto, Montreal or possibly a BC or Alberta location for it to be deliver within 5 days is not unreasonable.

im in southw3tern Ontario, and generally the delivery takes 3-5 days. I’m lucky to have 3 known retailers who have the SIMs available, but I choose to get them so I can provide them to friends who ask me where I got my sweet deal.

ive referred many folks, but most either didn’t follow up on the referral, or they had an error at activation, prior to it being fixable.

Give it a few more days.

bud21ca

I appreciate all the suggestions, but I meant Moderators were of no help!

bud21ca

Maybe once every couple months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bud21ca wrote:

Well I am at the point where I am second guessing moving over to Public Mobile. Plans are good priced but can't even get a Sim card or help from them.

I also live in a rural area. I'm almost 2 hours to the nearest place that would sell a SIM. But I do go to that town frequently enough for larger shopping. So I picked up my SIM on one of those trips. You don't find yourself in that larger centre very often?

@bud21ca what I can see here you received a lot of help-suggestions...you CAN have a sim card but you have to wait...not easy...Smiley Wink...

bud21ca

Well I am at the point where I am second guessing moving over to Public Mobile. Plans are good priced but can't even get a Sim card or help from them.

bud21ca

Got a reply from a Moderator, wants me to verify my public mobile account before he can help me? I don't have an account without my sim card, so that is no help.

@surreyboz, that’s been my experience also, 2015 to now.  But they were free when I started up.

Much prefer a free SIM, but an inexpensive one is better than a $30 activation fee which includes a SIM.  I can activate myself just fine thanks!

surreyboz

@bud21ca wrote:

Awesome, I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet. I ordered on Friday as well.

As far as I know Sim Cards are shipped via Regular Canada Post, so there is no Tracking Number.  This is how they sent them when I ordered it back in 2016. Thinks may have changed but for $10 I don't think they will use tracking services. 

bud21ca

Sent message to Moderators this morning, still no response.

bud21ca

Nearest Walmart is 300km away.

bud21ca

Awesome, I haven't even gotten a tracking number yet. I ordered on Friday as well.

Jazzard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered my new SIM Friday and got it Monday.  It’s possible the heavy snowfall is delaying Canada Post.

City???? Smiley Wink not with 300 people there!!! But with a walmart or wow mobile.... @bud21ca

bud21ca

Possibly, if someone is heading to the city soon.

Do you know someone who can buy one in townSmiley Wink and send it to you @bud21ca ??? I know what is the NORTH!!!!Smiley Tongue

bud21ca

We are remote, but not cut off. Lol

@bud21ca, that's awesome 🙂  When you said 'remote' I was hoping it was still within coverage.

Need Help? Let's chat.