cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up, no service.

Racerdad2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I never received the confirmation text from Telus about porting my number.  Maybe I removed my Telus Sm card too soon?

How can I do-over to get the text from Telus?

10 REPLIES 10

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to wait until you get the text saying that the port has been successful then you can remove your telus sim. 

Once that is done you can put your public mobile sim. Sometimes it does take a while before you can make calls and text but it'll end up working within an hour usually. Sometimes it takes a few hours. If it has been 24 hours then I suggest you contact a mod by clicking on the little green bubble at the bottom right of the screen. 

hope this helps

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Racerdad2010 

IF you were charged for activating a SIM card, but you have no service have you tried to:

• turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot
  • removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • Is your phone locked to it previous provider? IF so contact them to unlock it for you

If your port is stuck or did not complete contact the Moderator Team to review this.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Racerdad2010 wrote:

I am aware of that process.  I tried to sign up to Public Mobile several weeks ago.

I forgot about that fact that I was unsuccessful until tonight.

So my question is: how can I activate my PM service.  Who can I contact to re-start the process to get Telus to send me a text about porting my number?

You can still use your SIM card as it was not activated.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/qc/portal/activation

1.  Keep your Telus SIM card in your phone for the text message to confirm that you had initiated to port your number to PM. 

2.  You will receive a welcome email from PM if your activation is successful.

Racerdad2010

I am aware of that process.  I tried to sign up to Public Mobile several weeks ago.

I forgot about that fact that I was unsuccessful until tonight.

So my question is: how can I activate my PM service.  Who can I contact to re-start the process to get Telus to send me a text about porting my number?

popping

The last step of activation process is the payment step.

If you completed the payment step, your PM SIM card should be working.

If you did not completed the payment step, you should start over the activation process again. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Racerdad2010 

You may have removed your Telus SIM too soon for the text from Telus to confirm your porting. You will have up to 90 minutes to respond between 11:00 am to 8:00 pm ET.

The porting may take up to 2 hours to complete once you confirmed the porting.

Racerdad2010

Hey Model Citizen,

do you have a solution?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Racerdad2010

hey popping,

We have a post paid account.  

My point is my activation was not successful.  I never received  the text from Telus that I understood to be part of the whole process of signing up to Public Mobile.

popping

@Racerdad2010 wrote:

I never received the confirmation text from Telus about porting my number.  Maybe I removed my Telus Sm card too soon?

How can I do-over to get the text from Telus?

You should be able to call or text out and your data should be working on your PM SIM card if your activation is successful.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

Need Help? Let's chat.