cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up for Public Mobile plan, want to cancel it within 10 days

amyshwang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had signed up for a Public Mobile plan, but I want to cancel it and I am within the 10 day cooling off period.  Can you please assist?

4 REPLIES 4

There is no cooling off period (and the ON 10 day period does not even apply to cell phones anyways; it covers an odd mix of things from door to door sales to condos)

Still send PM to Mod see if possible to reverse charge

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Cellphones and wireless service (Canadian Consumer Law)

Mobile Service Trial Period (CRTC Wireless Code of Conduct)

Prepaid cards: Rights and Responsibilities (Canadian Consumer Law)

If you have a contract then you can cancel it, cancel service, cancel payment, and return your phone (along with all packaging, receipts, and any other gizmos the carrier gave you) at no cost and no penalty within 15 days.

This is not implicit or voluntary, it is an explicit legal directive.

If you purchase a prepaid card (or even a gift card) then certain limits apply but you are not entitled to any "trial period" with a possible refund/exchange - unless the vendor or provider volunteers to explicitly offer you one.

This applies to Public Mobile payment vouchers.  There is no "cooling off" trial period.

That being said, you can still message the mods to request cancellation/refund, though it's unlikely they'll give you one - but it never hurts to ask, and they might be able to offer you something else which compels you to stay with Public Mobile.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please let us know what the result is.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@amyshwangwrote:

I had signed up for a Public Mobile plan, but I want to cancel it and I am within the 10 day cooling off period.  Can you please assist?

This is a prepaid service and not sure if there is a cooling off period.  You can message a mod and speak with them on this.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.