cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed up Tuesday, no service yet

jessicamallette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Greetings,

Opened an account, activated (apparently) my sim, was assigned a number, and have never had service. Sent numerous msgs to moderators and have heard no reply in over 36 hours. Submitted a ticket 40 hours ago, and no response yet. My CC was charged 4 hours after my account was created. I am unable to log into my PM account as I get a message "your email is not recognized". Obviously the only way I am able to communicate presently is through my community account. I have tried every option/suggestion that has been presented to me, and have exhausted those options on my end. Frustrated and discouraged. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. 

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can get to a store that'll sell you a SIM, activate all new everything, new email (or gmail alias), new number etc. If it works then ask with some polite force 🙂 to reimburse the previous plan cost and SIM. If you had taken advantage of a promo then have them put it on this new account.

This is all quite ridiculous that they can't get you going. Having you simply restart would have to hope that they did something in the background. But it's still not working.

Edit: and oh yes...do it in an incognito mode window or fresh browser.

Maybe the boss @Catherine_T can do something though.

jessicamallette

Greetings.. Still no service, since activation on Tuesday. Moderator chimed in yesterday with instructions to try again and reboot my phone. No luck. Tried the sim in 2 x other phones and not functioning in those either. Those phones are with PM. Back to the drawing board. 

jessicamallette

Hey man, thanks for your insight. I'll be patient for another day and if things don't get resolved, I'll take you up on your suggestion. Thanks again. 

@jessicamallette I have a feeling mods may have screwed up your account... with the number change.

contact CRTC and then go to lucky...if they're going to waste your time, then go with a different provider. lucky also has similar plan prices with wifi calling, esim and unlimited data(not great...) and a ton of features. they also use the same bell and Telus towers so reception will be identical

jessicamallette

Thanks for chiming in. When someone calls my "new" number, it goes straight to vm. 

@jessicamallette....

I don't suppose the phone rings when bro calls you...does it ?

jessicamallette

Thank you. I used my personal email and am aware that there is only 1 email/account allowed.  When you're suggesting "check the spelling", I'm assuming you're referring to my PM account. I have checked numerous times. I received a "Welcome to Public Mobile" yesterday morning, so the credentials are correct on their admin end. I however cannot get into my account. I've even tried to change my PW and I receive a response "your email address is not recognized". 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you check the spelling of your email it may still be in the activation form if you didn't clean cache. That could explain email issue

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jessicamallette...

you did use a different email address than your bro's...right ?

FYI...only 1 email address per account.

jessicamallette

Thank you. Indeed, I've tested it on my brothers' iPhone X and he's with PM. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you test it in different phone?

If you don't have Telus/Koodo or unicorn phone you could always walk into Telus or Koodo store and ask to borrow a loaner

It's better not to send too many messages, takes longer to consolidate them. If you don't here anything from them 48 hours after you sent to pay message you can try again. Send the private message to Moderator_Team

Need Help? Let's chat.