cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinipela
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 
I am looking to switch over from Telus. I was wondering if I should wait for Black Friday sales or do it now and get the $10/6 months. I'm probably signing up for the $40 plan as I usually don't need anything over 4GB for data. 

I've also seen the promo code PMLOVE2019 can anyone explain to me how this promo works?
Thanks!

51 REPLIES 51

gilliankinna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

There is a new promo coming up that you will get 10 dollars off for 6 months with any plan over 45 and with an auto pay heck makes your plan cheap 

The current promo could easily be the rumoured Black Friday deal. My guess is that it gets extended to last through Black Friday. In the past they have cut in additional perks to existing promos part way through such as bumping the referral credit. I switched last Dec 2 on a 6 x $10 promo that they improved further part way through by adding the $25/$25 referral.

AE_Collector

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

Unless you or that grapevine are friends with the sales/promotions people in the company and they're breaking their confidentialities, how could you or that grapevine possibly foresee that?

I'm thinking it's a wild guess, that's probably right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@kinipela  Best to wait for Black Friday IMHO. Rumors through grapevine suggest that the PM sale will be worth waiting for.

Unless you or that grapevine are friends with the sales/promotions people in the company and they're breaking their confidentialities, how could you or that grapevine possibly foresee that?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@geopublic wrote:

@kinipela  Best to wait for Black Friday IMHO. Rumors through grapevine suggest that the PM sale will be worth waiting for.

I haven't heard the rumors tell me please Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Ed

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

kinipela

I think i'm going to pick up a sim card at the local mall. I do have amazon prime but it'll probably best to just pick it up so I'm not worried it won't arrive on time. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For the past 2 years, I don't think PM has done much - if anything - specifically for Black Friday. Koodo has been pretty aggressive with their phone sales but that will change this year with the new policy. Koodo plans do not seem to change for Black Friday. Since PM does not sell phones, they really can't take advantage of Black Friday.

So I would say, jump on this $10x6 promo if you are going to switch to PM anyways. 

@GinYVR wrote:

@will13amIn context I was referring to Public Mobile SIM card that is fufilled by Amazon, vs Pubilc Mobile SIM card that is sold by 3rd party on Amazon but not fufilled by Amazon, the later would be slower. But yes Public Mobile / Shopify is pretty quick via Canada Post.

Agreed.  Amazon charges a shipping fee unless you are a prime member.  The shipping times are different also depending on having membership or not.  Generally, I would stick with ordering through Public Mobile as their fulfilment system is pretty quick. 

@will13amIn context I was referring to Public Mobile SIM card that is fufilled by Amazon, vs Pubilc Mobile SIM card that is sold by 3rd party on Amazon but not fufilled by Amazon, the later would be slower. But yes Public Mobile / Shopify is pretty quick via Canada Post.

@GinYVR wrote:

@kinipelaAs long as it is both fufilled by Amazon then it will be the same.. note it is quicker if it is fulfilled by Amazon especially when you have Prime.

Public Mobile ships pretty quick too.  In the GTA, it is about 2 working days.  To get better than this you need to be a Amazon prime member which comes with costs unless you have membership already.

@kinipelaFor plans in the $40+ range AND if you have good credit, I would not recommend Public Mobile for Black Friday Deals. Go for second tier providers like Koodo, Virgin etc will have better deals with new hardware at retailers like Best Buy etc. You get 2 companies ie the carrier and the retailer giving you incentives to sign up, vs just the provider ie Public Mobile.

@kinipelaAs long as it is both fufilled by Amazon then it will be the same.. note it is quicker if it is fulfilled by Amazon especially when you have Prime.

kinipela

Thanks!

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kinipela wrote:

Thanks for your help. Is there a difference between the $7.69 sim card and the $10 on amazon?

When we ordered a sim card of my mother inlaw, we ordered through Public Mobile but it was fulfilled by Amazon. Regardless you should be fine Robot Happy

@kinipela wrote:

Thanks for your help. Is there a difference between the $7.69 sim card and the $10 on amazon?

About $2.31 is all the difference....otherwise....same card.

Sim cards should be the same as long as they are for PM.

kinipela

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@kinipela, I have not seen anything better than $10 off x 6 months.  I cannot see a general price reduction on the $40/5GB plan.  I would suggest getting the current promo before it expires.  Unfortunately new deals are announced the same day they become active and so, this current promo will not bridge to black Friday deal announcements if there are any. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@kinipela wrote:

Hey, 
I am looking to switch over from Telus. I was wondering if I should wait for Black Friday sales or do it now and get the $10/6 months. I'm probably signing up for the $40 plan as I usually don't need anything over 4GB for data. 

I've also seen the promo code PMLOVE2019 can anyone explain to me how this promo works?
Thanks!

The sooner you activate, the sooner you'll be saving money.

The current deal is pretty good. Noone knows what PM will offer if anything for Black Friday.

1) Sign-up for AutoPay. You get $2 off every 30 days.

2) Use a referral code to get $10 credit. The new customer gets $10 credit and the referring customer gets $1 off every 30 days (for as long as the new customer stays with PM).

3) Use the promo code PMLOVE2019 to get a free 2GB data (one-time only) add-on. This data will stay on your account and roll-over to the next cycle until it is fully consumed.

4) At some locations like Walmart or PM Kiosk, you can get a free SIM when you activate in-store OR order the SIM cards from Amazon for $7.69 each.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It hard to say if PM will have any promos for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.  Here is a previous thread about the previous promo code.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Promo-Code-PMLOVE2019-New-Activations...

Need Help? Let's chat.