cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kinipela
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, 
I am looking to switch over from Telus. I was wondering if I should wait for Black Friday sales or do it now and get the $10/6 months. I'm probably signing up for the $40 plan as I usually don't need anything over 4GB for data. 

I've also seen the promo code PMLOVE2019 can anyone explain to me how this promo works?
Thanks!

51 REPLIES 51

@MoreYummy 

This morning the current BF deal was improved. Look at the initial post that began the original Black Friday deal. I think that is as good as it gets. 

Free SIM Card.

Second Month Free.

Free 5Gb add-on if you choose a $35 or higher plan.

$10 referal credit plus $20 for the person making the referal.

AE_Collector

6D8DE12C-A3A6-46F0-9818-467897AA1CD5.jpeg

when will they post black friday deal if any?

Yes, the verdict is in....Wait for Black Friday! Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20.

AE_Collector

Yeah I heard that was coming. Not enough competition on this area for sure but they are spending a huge amount of money installing fibre network everywhere. Finally coming to our neighbourhood in Coquitlam in the next few months. But, I remember dsl for $35/month!

AE_Collector

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@88cranston wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

From December 2018 through April/May this year one promo would end and another would start a couple of weeks later. Then the offers all dried up and went away. There was one or maybe two weekend offers of a data add-on for new customers in the May-September time frame. TELUS announced in their quarterly results a few weeks ago that they pretty much sat on the side lines during the cell plan price wars so as not to cut into profits and not to cause further discounting thus I suspect that was part of the reason for no promotions at PM for about 4 months. Several on here said "wait for the back to school promotions in late August"! Back to School came and went with no promotions at all. It was mid to late September when finally some promos came back to PM. I wouldn't count on anything for a minute though as I said, maybe they will extend the current offer....who knows.

AE_Collector

Thanks there is no doubt in my mind that Telus is in financial turmoil. And an operational turmoil. I have worked for a huge company and I can see what is happening. No doubt the Canadian payroll is spiraling out of control. I like PM and have no qualms leaving Telus mobile. I pay a lttile less for PM but get a lot more.  I have discontinued Telus home phone and TV too. I hope I can afford to keep their internet. 

By your above comment and others it looks like no deals for the $15 plan but hopefully for some add-ons.😀 

Thank You

@AE_Collector

Surprise surprise Telus has taken their favourite number out of the cupboard!! This should help revenue. Shouldn’t they be looking at passing cost reduction back to customers?

BDE9A9B8-86E6-469C-BEC9-013E387B6E18.jpeg

angelinalice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would say this current promo is pretty good. I would rather save money upfront than to possibly get more data for less price. Take a leap of faith! 

Whether or not paid, if number is already ported it becomes a huge mess. All indications are that the employee somehow missed it so it is good that the moderators fixed it. 

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kinipela wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

@kinipela wrote:

I went to the mall and got all signed up. Everything went smoothly except the guy did not use my referral code or the PMLOVE2019 code 😞 Is there a way to add this or should I just forget about this and move on?

Why didn't you say thanks but no thanks, I will go elsewhere when he wouldn't use your referral and promo codes? Or if you clearly gave them to him and he didn't tell you that he wouldnt use them, how do you know that he didn't use them? Each could take a bit before anything would show up on your account.

AE_Collector

He didn't say he wouldn't use them but he forgot to use them. I introduced myself and said I had two promo codes in which I would like to add upon signing up. When I brought it up again near the end he said it was too late and that he was sorry he had forgotten. It has been resolved by the moderators and the promo codes have been added to my account. Thanks

How can someone forget the referral code?

It is on the first page of the activation pages.

You should have walk away unless you already paid with cc.

Okay that sounds like an honest mistake. Glad they took care of it quickly for you.

AE_Collector

kinipela

@AE_Collector wrote:

@kinipela wrote:

I went to the mall and got all signed up. Everything went smoothly except the guy did not use my referral code or the PMLOVE2019 code 😞 Is there a way to add this or should I just forget about this and move on?

Why didn't you say thanks but no thanks, I will go elsewhere when he wouldn't use your referral and promo codes? Or if you clearly gave them to him and he didn't tell you that he wouldnt use them, how do you know that he didn't use them? Each could take a bit before anything would show up on your account.

AE_Collector

He didn't say he wouldn't use them but he forgot to use them. I introduced myself and said I had two promo codes in which I would like to add upon signing up. When I brought it up again near the end he said it was too late and that he was sorry he had forgotten. It has been resolved by the moderators and the promo codes have been added to my account. Thanks

@geopublic wrote:

@kinipela  Best to wait for Black Friday IMHO. Rumors through grapevine suggest that the PM sale will be worth waiting for.

I would like to hear more on this and where you heard this or are you teh grapevine starting the rumour.  In the 3 years I have been here there has been no specific Black Friday deals.  It doesn't mean there won't be any this year but based on past experience I wouldn't be telling people to hold off on any current promo in hopes of what may or may not come.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@kinipela wrote:

AE_Collector

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From past experience, I would wait for Black Friday Week. You never know what they will roll out. Black Friday sales at a lot of retailers seem to be better than Boxing Week.

@Anonymous wrote:

@gilliankinna wrote:

There is a new promo coming up that you will get 10 dollars off for 6 months with any plan over 45 and with an auto pay heck makes your plan cheap 

I'll ask you too...how can you possibly know that?

That must be a joke to take the current offer. Public Mobile would never word it like that because there currently is no $45 plan.

@kinipela wrote:

@kinipela  Best to submit a ticket to PM. Include the referral code explain what happened and ask them if the can apply it for you.

stpm-new.png

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kinipela wrote:

Contact the moderators, they should resolve this especially considering it's the employee's fault.

kinipela

@kinipela Nobody can predict the future, so if you see an offer you like, take it. It could get better or the offers could get worse, but this is one of the better ones.

Also, for when it comes to Black Friday, I have the opinion that Public Mobile usually does nothing or very little for events such as back-to-school, Black Friday, and Boxing day.

88cranston

@AE_Collector wrote:

From December 2018 through April/May this year one promo would end and another would start a couple of weeks later. Then the offers all dried up and went away. There was one or maybe two weekend offers of a data add-on for new customers in the May-September time frame. TELUS announced in their quarterly results a few weeks ago that they pretty much sat on the side lines during the cell plan price wars so as not to cut into profits and not to cause further discounting thus I suspect that was part of the reason for no promotions at PM for about 4 months. Several on here said "wait for the back to school promotions in late August"! Back to School came and went with no promotions at all. It was mid to late September when finally some promos came back to PM. I wouldn't count on anything for a minute though as I said, maybe they will extend the current offer....who knows.

AE_Collector

Thanks there is no doubt in my mind that Telus is in financial turmoil. And an operational turmoil. I have worked for a huge company and I can see what is happening. No doubt the Canadian payroll is spiraling out of control. I like PM and have no qualms leaving Telus mobile. I pay a lttile less for PM but get a lot more.  I have discontinued Telus home phone and TV too. I hope I can afford to keep their internet. 

By your above comment and others it looks like no deals for the $15 plan but hopefully for some add-ons.😀 

Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

@88cranston wrote:

I am on PM and have yet to port my number over from Telus. I want to open an account for my wife and she too is on Telus. So in the event of a Black Friday deal that would be good for her......should I buy a SIM card in advance? I will use it eventually even if there is not a Black Friday deal with a deal suitable for us. 

What hat kind of Black Friday deals have there been in the past?

Thanks. 

The list is in the Announcements sub-topic. Last year was the standard 2nd term credit and free SIM. From last year, they appeared to have more through the Xmas period.

AE_Collector

@88cranston1 Month free, free SIM card, $10 off for 6 months, those are the usual discounts. Since Public Mobile doesn't have much of a retail presence and doesn't sell phones unfortunately there aren't much else to discount.

88cranston

@AE_Collector wrote:

@88cranston wrote:

Thanks. 

None apparently.

AE_Collector

☃️☃️Uh.....so is the hype all a big wish?🎄🎄 

@88cranston wrote:

Thanks. 

None apparently.

AE_Collector

@Ed404 

I don't know if the bottom priced plans have ever been included in promotions. The "second month free" promos mwould be the most likely but I can't recall anything below $25 being included in the past. To snag that 2Gb data add on by going with the $25 plan for just one month before switching down to the $15 plan seems ideal for you. And the 2Gb of data may be very useful on the plan that only has 1/4Gb of data. There is absolutely nothing to lock you in with PM so they are only going to throw so much at you to sign up for a $15/month plan.

AE_Collector

88cranston

I am on PM and have yet to port my number over from Telus. I want to open an account for my wife and she too is on Telus. So in the event of a Black Friday deal that would be good for her......should I buy a SIM card in advance? I will use it eventually even if there is not a Black Friday deal with a deal suitable for us. 

Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gilliankinna wrote:

There is a new promo coming up that you will get 10 dollars off for 6 months with any plan over 45 and with an auto pay heck makes your plan cheap 

I'll ask you too...how can you possibly know that?

gilliankinna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@kinipela wrote:

Hey, 
I am looking to switch over from Telus. I was wondering if I should wait for Black Friday sales or do it now and get the $10/6 months. I'm probably signing up for the $40 plan as I usually don't need anything over 4GB for data. 

I've also seen the promo code PMLOVE2019 can anyone explain to me how this promo works?
Thanks!

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AE_Collector wrote:

The current promo could easily be the rumoured Black Friday deal. My guess is that it gets extended to last through Black Friday. In the past they have cut in additional perks to existing promos part way through such as bumping the referral credit. I switched last Dec 2 on a 6 x $10 promo that they improved further part way through by adding the $25/$25 referral.

AE_Collector

The current promo is useless to me. I really hope it's something applicable to me

Need Help? Let's chat.