cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my experience for people encountering the same issue :)

rachindivara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I bought and activated my simcard in London Drugs. After I inserted my simcard it says "no sim inserted" on my phone. At first the seller at London Drugs told me it was an issue with my phone as it is an international phone. So what i did was try it on my dad's phone to see if it was really because of it is an international phone. Didnt work. Then the seller suggested we go to the Samsung Store to ask them about my phone. However, we decided to try one more time and ask the seller to try it on her canadian phone and it also didnt work! So we got a new SIM card. I suggest you try it on multiple phones to prove your point if something like this happens and ask for your sim card to be replaced 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rachindivara smart move by trying multiple phones. But I'm quite disappointed in the London Drugs rep. They were trying their best to get you out and then be frustrated for a long time and then of course be mad at PM. I can't believe even after trying the 2nd phone they still asked you to check somewhere else. I used to work as a cell phone rep in my early employer days and the first thing you always do when there's a SIM issue was to put it in a store demo phone or even my personal phone to make sure it wasn't a SIM issue. I can only imagine the kind of headache and running around you would have had to endure just because a rep didn't want to take a few seconds to check the SIM in their phone.

Glad you didn't give in and take their advice. On your way out you should have called them out on their bull. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Although rare...for a SIM card to be faulty it was fortuitous you activated in store. You avoided hours or possibly a few days of troubleshooting your phone/SIM. This is a known suggestion for when that msg appears. It almost always eliminates the sim card being the problem. Third time lucky....not. But  now we know if it doesn't work by the third phone it most likely will never work. A good reminder to people who scoflaw at the in store activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.