cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup Question

croftrandle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I take my unlocked Galaxy S7 phone (currently on a Telus plan) to a local Public Mobile kiosk will the person there be able to set everything up for me including porting my Telus number so that I walk away from the kiosk with a working Public Mobile phone?

6 REPLIES 6

@croftrandle 

Yes London Drugs has always been good at PM conversions from my viewpoint.

They taught us ALL something about loyalty in 2005. I'd been through 1977-78 and 1980-81 (6 months for me on that one including the sit in) but somehow 2005 was different. They really upped their game in that one. I'm still bitter, you too I'm certain. But, we got enough time in to call it a career.

Terry

croftrandle

Thanks Terry, it all went seamlessly when done by London Drugs Although their server seemed a little iverwhelmed today with people yaking advantage of the sale.

My Telus loyalty kind of diminished when they tried to fire one of my old workmates in the last strike. 

@croftrandle 

Hi Croft!

Yes, it's very easy to port out of the Ambassador plan and into Public Mobile.  I did just that one year ago after asking them numerous times if there would ever be any options for more than 1 Gb of data. The Port took 30 seconds. I tested out going and then incoming and it was 100%.

After porting out your old account is automatically closed and about 1 month after I made the move I got an email asking where to send the refund for the part month of service they owed me.

After a career at CT&S, BCTel and TELUS, I didn't want to go to the competition but I wanted a better deal with better data options. I found it right here.

Get it done by 9PM Monday for the best new customer deal I have seen so far this year.

Terry B (AE Collector)

@croftrandle wrote:

Thank you. Will they also be able to cancel my current Telus Ambasador Retiree plan?

@croftrandle  once you number is ported to Public your Telus account will automatically terminate.

croftrandle

Thank you. Will they also be able to cancel my current Telus Ambasador Retiree plan?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@croftrandle wrote:

If I take my unlocked Galaxy S7 phone (currently on a Telus plan) to a local Public Mobile kiosk will the person there be able to set everything up for me including porting my Telus number so that I walk away from the kiosk with a working Public Mobile phone?

@croftrandle  Yes!

Need Help? Let's chat.