cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up your account through the ACTIVATE TAB or the MY ACCOUNT TAB => CREATE ACCOUNT

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

When I first came here to PM I used the all inclusive ACTIVATE tab that allowed me to activate the SIM, set up an account and set up a payment option. It provided everything I needed. 

3DC369F8-3D87-4B8B-ABCC-5F03E844F9BC.jpeg

But just recently I looked into the MY ACCOUNT TAB => CREATE ACCOUNT. Why would someone need to use this option? 

If you entered a 10 digit phone number, would it accept any phone number or only a PM phone number. 

When I offer my referral code should I stress to my friend to only use my referral code link OR the ACTIVATE tab and manually enter my referral code? And to never use the MY ACCOUNT tab then CREATE ACCOUNT tab for the purpose of using a referral?

Is this MY ACCOUNT tab then CREATE ACCOUNT tab used after you have purchased a SIM and had it activated by a retailer like London Drugs, Walmart etc? And then you have to finish the process of personal information and codes later in your own space? Or??

9A2DF804-D867-4094-9397-D75101015878.jpeg

405AB4F5-B725-4499-A96C-14F1BAF311C3.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

@Anonymous wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. The first one is self-activation online. The second one is used after an in-store activation.

Thank you. Now I know why one of my referrals went real messy. 

Yeah y'gotta watch those zeros and ohs etc. The linked pre-filled form is good to avoid that but does anybody really use it? When I share my code I make it clear that that round thing is a zero (or whatever).

If you use the link you don't have to know the difference between an O or a 0. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. The first one is self-activation online. The second one is used after an in-store activation.

Yeah y'gotta watch those zeros and ohs etc. The linked pre-filled form is good to avoid that but does anybody really use it? When I share my code I make it clear that that round thing is a zero (or whatever).

@Anonymous wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LurganIeUk , if you activate at a store, you still need to create a self serve account as they will not do that for you.  That is why there is a separate create account option.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help? Let's chat.