cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up phone for private number

JonT123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to set up my phone to appear as a private number when I make outgoing calls for a new job. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

@computergeek541 

I think *67 worked on AMPS/TDMA/CDMA networks of olde while they existed in Canada, but not GSM based networks today.

@Nezgar *67 has worked in the past at some wireless carriers, just not at Public.  I agree that #31# is the way to proceed.

Deleted - somehow I double posted.

Thanks for the mention @darlicious 

Normally, outgoing caller ID can be blocked "per call" by prefixing the number with #31# when dialing. (the *67 code is only for land-lines...) Calls without the prefix would still show your outgoing caller ID.

Regardless of whatever the menu options are in a phone to do this, here is how you can change the default outgoing caller ID manually on any phone:

You can make outgoing caller ID blocking permanent for all future calls by default by dialing *31#

When blocking outgoing caller id by default, you can enable it "per call" by prefixing *31# to a number (ie *31#xxxyyyzzzz )

Return to to allowing outgoing caller id by default by dialing: #31# alone.

olow

@JonT123

I'm unsure on this one but maybe @Nezgar can weigh in.....

JonT123

Hey,

I tried *67 today but then public mobile wouldn't allow my phone to dial out for some reason. 

I have an Android.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

The easiest way is to change it in calling settings if your calling app allows. So you don't have to just *67

Just don't forget to change our back otherwise people will be screening you

Also you could consider getting alternative TextNow number. It's totally free and people can reach back.

After you are done with it you can release it and get brand new one

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you’re using an iPhone you can set it in Settings, Phone, Show My Caller ID, switch to off.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What brand of phone do you have ?

Here info for a Samsung phone.

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-change-my-number-to-private/

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JonT123 what's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. I don't know if this is possible. PM automatically displays your number on the other persons phone whem making calls. If its am android phone, you may be able to use Google hangouts and Google dialer combined to mask your number. Or *67. 

Need Help? Let's chat.