cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my new daughters phone

caisie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to set up my daughters new public mobile account 2 days ago.  Before I was finished I realized I had a referral code to add.  I accidentally got out of the public mobile page i was entering her information. As a result I have entered the sim card # but did not complete the sign up.  Now I am not able to access her account or activate the card in her phone.

please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @caisie just send a private message to the moderator_team Give them the referral code and I also make sure your daughter Contacts the moderators as well to make sure she gets that credit

If the activation did not go through do you will need to buy a new Sim card as you can use the same Sim card twice even if the activation did not go through

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@caisie  more than likely the card was activated. Test it in the device if it connects to the PM just hit the create selfserve account link on the login page 

@Jackhyf63 Caisie said signup wasn't completed. No need to contact moderator. Caisie only needs to activate the account. The wait is because clicking the back button causes errors and doesn't let you go to the next page.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Moderators can be contacted by clicking here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You wouldn't be able to activate again because your sim card would be tied to the Public Mobile account that has the problem. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@caisie You'll have to wait 50 minutes to start the activation again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caisie 

Wait about an hour and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.