cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up my iphone

dnewlan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I'm a newbie here and just have set up my account & plan, now have to set APN? I don't know what this is, when do I change my sim card. I need help with the next steps.

Thx

D

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnewlan wrote:

up and running now, thx for your help

Great news. What finally got it going?

dnewlan

up and running now, thx for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnewlan wrote:

ok got set up and getting text from PM and mail but some sites say "can't connect to server.

Did I miss a step here?

Is your data on? Some sites? Or all sites? Like google.ca or something. Not something obscure.

Do you have data in your plan?

dnewlan

ok got set up and getting text from PM and mail but some sites say "can't connect to server.

Did I miss a step here?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dnewlan wrote:

iphone5

There we go. Read ShawnC13's post about the link.

dnewlan

iphone5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phebz wrote:

Hi D,

When setting up your APN with an iphone open up your Safari. You will then type co.nz on the address line on top screen. This will automatically take you to the APN setting for iphones. That’s it! You’re all set.

While nice of you to try to be helpful...did you try using that address? It goes nowhere. We're not even sure what iphone the OP has.

@dnewlan: What iphone do you have?

Edit after ShawnC13's edit 🙂 : Review his post above. Or tell us which iphone it is.

Phebz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi D,

When setting up your APN with an iphone open up your Safari. You will then type co.nz on the address line on top screen. This will automatically take you to the APN setting for iphones. That’s it! You’re all set.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dnewlan wrote:

Hi I'm a newbie here and just have set up my account & plan, now have to set APN? I don't know what this is, when do I change my sim card. I need help with the next steps.

Thx

D

You posted in the social lounge area and I have moved this to the help side for others to chime in as well.  You can put your Public mobile SIM in now. 

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

Early iPhone APN settings cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there. pasted from @Luddite's quirks thread

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.