cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up auto responder while overseas

rt345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Brain trust I need setting up auto responder while overseas. I need it specifically for answering machine and text. I will not be using public mobile sim while away. So when ppl call me I want them to hear a auto message telling them what I want to say. The same goes if they try to text me.

Please advise!!!!

5 REPLIES 5

rt345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info guys.

Appreciate it.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

For voice I would forward to a fongo numbr, that way you can even check your messages.

If Android keep your sim in Canada and get an sms firwarding app forwarding to email or fongo, not sure if you can auto reply to sms

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Another possibility would be to put your SIM into another phone you leave here(plugged in), set up the auto forward to voicemail for voice calls, and install an app that would auto reply to SMS.  There are plenty of them for Android.  Not sure what OS you are on.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rt345, For the voice part, I think you can set up your account to forward all calls to voicemail.  You would need it forwarded when not reachable for any reason, especially if phone is not connected to network.  This should be doable from the phone in most cases.

For the texting, I doubt there is an easy solution.  There was a discussion about it in this thread.  You might find something usefull in there.

Need Help? Let's chat.