cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a Public Mobile Account - Error

Mark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I am setting up a Public Mobile account for my kids phone, and I was able to go through the Sim card activation up until it was processing the payment, and it gave me an error that said something had gone wrong, and that I should log in again on the login screen, which linked back to the Getting started page. I tried to proceed through the activation process, but it fails, with a red box around the sim card, which I assume is meaning that it has already been activated.

I attempt to log in with the account I created, but it failed. I attempt to reset the password for that account, and it fails, saying that the email address is not 

There was no confirmation email to that email address, even checking junk mail.

Any thoughts on how I can proceed?

5 REPLIES 5

Mark
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Payment was processed  so I will work with Moderators, thanks all

@smp99 wrote:

@Mark

As @will13am said - I had this happend to me. Just wait, and try again in a bit. Use a different browser or use Incognito mode. It feels like PM puts a lock on the SIM # during the activation process, but if it doesn't process (payment) then it gets released again

It is actually mentioned in the knowledge base that in some instances, it is possible to retry.  If funds have been taken, the first attempt would have gone too far to be rescued and any activation issues would need to be referred to the moderator team for resolution. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mark

As @will13am said - I had this happend to me. Just wait, and try again in a bit. Use a different browser or use Incognito mode. It feels like PM puts a lock on the SIM # during the activation process, but if it doesn't process (payment) then it gets released again

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mark, please check your credit card to see if a payment went through.  If it did not, there is good chance you can try the activation process again after a couple hours of wait time.  Clear the browser cache and try again. 

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Mark,

I guess you will need to privately contact the moderators with your number if you've aleady chosen one with the 4 digit number you attempted to sign up with.

in case you don't have number chosen yet, then use the following (privately)

• Date of Birth 
  • Full address with Postal Code 
  • Last top-up amount and the date 
  • Email address  
  • Last 4 digits of Credit Card on file
Need Help? Let's chat.