cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisIsMe2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Setting Up Email on New Phone

Oh, yeah. Just remembered - when there is a message, I actually do get a little notification "sign" when I open the phone. 

It's all so weird. 

Dunkman
Oracle

@ThisIsMe2021 wrote:

Thanks, again! Well, it seems the reason that call didn't hit the VM was because my cell - a flip phone, BTW, I can't use IPhones or that kind - was in a spot with bad reception. I tried it in a different place and it worked fine. Go figure. 

And also, BTW, on my last phone, which I replaced because the hinge broke, it was PM, and I did get the visual VM icons on the front outside screen that let me know I have calls and VMs. 

Again - weird.

@ThisIsMe2021 

As long as things are working fine, that is great.  

BTW, what you are describing is not true visual voicemail.  It is your phone giving you alerts that somebody left a voicemail.  Public mobile does not support true visual voicemail.  

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 wrote:

...on my last phone, which I replaced because the hinge broke, it was PM, and I did get the visual VM icons on the front outside screen that let me know I have calls and VMs.

OK... I think you are confusing the terminology... When we hear "visual voicemail" we think of the service where voicemails can be played directly on your phone without having to call into check them - this is a feature of iPhone Androids (and not supported on Public Mobile). The voicemail indicator icon you describe on your flip phone is just a "voicemail indicator" - not "visual voicemail" per se. 😉

Cheers!

Need Help? Let's chat.