cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThisIsMe2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Setting Up Email on New Phone

I just bought a new phone, the number already existed. The guy at the store said to call the number from the phone to set up email. I did. The voice said to enter my password. I put in the same one I use for #611, which works. But the voice said the entry was invalid. What do I do now? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Setting Up Email on New Phone

@ThisIsMe2021 

Do you mean set up your voicemail?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

If you mean voicemail use these instructions;

After you’ve activated, your voicemail is automatically ready to accept messages as soon as you add it to your account. It will play a default greeting until you set it up. Setting it up isn’t complicated:

1. Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  2. When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘1111’ or ‘1234’.
  3. Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone.
  4. Record your name, and a personalized greeting.
  5. When you’re done, hang up to end the call.
ThisIsMe2021

Duh!! Yes. Thanks for noticing.

ThisIsMe2021

Thanks, but it still isn't working. It just asks for my password. I put enter it and it just says "invalid". It then says to press "star". I press it, and it just asks for the password again. I put it in again and it just says "invalid". And now it's locked because of too many incorrect passwords. Now what? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

Are you calling your phone number from another phone? Dial 1 from your phone and set up your voicemail pin# it is not the same as your account pin#. You have to make a new one for voicemail.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

I'm not sure if there is a timed  lockout (like 1 hour) for voicemail or per call. I might need the in house expert if @Nezgar is around.

Did you previously have voicemail set up with a password?

ThisIsMe2021

Yes. I had voicemail on the old phone with the same phone number. Never needed a password to get messages - just clicked the button at the top left of the keypad. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ThisIsMe2021 

So what happens when you long press ( 1 )?

Dunkman
Oracle

@ThisIsMe2021 

You can reset your voicemail password if you forgot it.  The PIN for 611/account is likely different from your voicemail password.  When you set up your password initially for voicemail,  you would have chosen 4-15 digit password for voicemail.  

Here is the help article:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reset-your-voicemail-password

Need Help? Let's chat.