cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service question related to porting a number

hanray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have recently just opened a new account with PM and ported a number over from numberbarn. Pretty much instantly, I was able to text out from that number. It has been about 4 days now but I am still unable to use the voice/data features.

Further, when I call the number from another phone, it still has the stocked "number is parked with numberbarn" message. I am using a dual sim phone with telus as my primary provider and this PM sim as a secondary line for me.

It's not an urgent issue, but I was wondering if this process just takes time or if I should follow up in some way.

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Numberbarn does say its numbers are classified as landline (see here).

CRTC says that for porting from landline to mobile it typically takes up to 2 business days (see here).  So, after 4 days, it does indeed look like your port has encountered some difficulties.  I would not wait until 7 or 9 days, why not contact a moderator right away, there is nothing to lose by doing so...

charliejohnsone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ports can take a while to transfer. I received a message mine was completed after about 9 days.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@hanray 

Your port is still not completed.  Landlines and VOIP numbers take longer to port (up to 7 days).  If more than 7 days, you might want to contact moderator to help complete the port.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.