cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service problems - no phone number

cconover22
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I switched to public mobile from koodo last night and haven’t been able to get service with my new sim. My koodo sim has stopped working. I ported my old number but now when people phone it it says the number is not in service. I really need this fixed ASAP please! I have tried everything on the forums - my phone is compatible, unlocked and I have updated my network settings. @CS_Agent is there anything else I can try? 

13 REPLIES 13

cconover22

Thank you! 

cconover22

Thank you for this! 

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cconover22 wrote:

Thanks, I have messaged them earlier. On my self serve it says that my number is unavailable to transfer but phoning it it is not in service. I really can’t afford to lose that number so I’m on a bit of a time crunch. If anyone has anything else I can try please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

Is this a prepaid Koodo account? If yes, if you requested the port via the @CS_Agent and your Koodo prepaid was/is still active then you should be ok. If you no longer cannot login into your Koodo prepaid account that means the port has been completed. If you can still login it means that the port is pending and you should keep using your Koodo SIM until the port has been completed.

If on the other hand your plan was up for renewal and was de-activated before the port took place then that may be a problem. 

SkimGuy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think they are overwhelmed by new transfers/sign-ups right now. Definitely message someone from the moderator team to check on the status, your phone number shouldn't be lost. 

cconover22

Yes there was nothing that said to do that! Good to know this so I can let others know who are wanting to switch. 

cconover22

Thank you! I hope you hear back soon. 

woodymaguire

Thanks for the tip @Lieux . I was not aware of that at the time and the activation process certainly made it seem like it would work. No mention of this work around. From other posts it seems like once a moderator gets to your message it takes them 5 minutes to fix which is good. Just a matter of waiting in the moderator que now I suppose.

cconover22

So last night when I switched, I entered my phone number and it was accepted. Today my koodo account has been closed and now public mobile hasn’t accepted the port so I’m worried that I have lost the number because the old account no longer exists. Fingers crossed.. 

@woodymaguire  a écrit :

I had the same thing happen to me with three different phones all porting from Koodo. Its been like that for a couple of days. I'm hoping the moderators will be able to help. Messaged them yesterday. I've seen a few other people posting with the same issue over the past couple of days, so you are not alone on this one. I believe it has something to do with an error in porting the number from Koodo. Super frustrating, but I guess thats what I get for trying to go with the lowest cost company on the market. I'll let you know if I get any more info from moderators.

Just to let you know...that's always better to contact the moderator BEFORE to port a number from Koodo. You can choose a number from public mobile first during your activation and after ask for a port to the moderator the number with Koodo (with an account active).Smiley Happy

woodymaguire

I had the same thing happen to me with three different phones all porting from Koodo. Its been like that for a couple of days. I'm hoping the moderators will be able to help. Messaged them yesterday. I've seen a few other people posting with the same issue over the past couple of days, so you are not alone on this one. I believe it has something to do with an error in porting the number from Koodo. Super frustrating, but I guess thats what I get for trying to go with the lowest cost company on the market. I'll let you know if I get any more info from moderators.

normf

Good luck

I signed up for service four days ago and still nothing.

cconover22

Thanks, I have messaged them earlier. On my self serve it says that my number is unavailable to transfer but phoning it it is not in service. I really can’t afford to lose that number so I’m on a bit of a time crunch. If anyone has anything else I can try please let me know. Thanks in advance. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@cconover22  a écrit :

Hello, 

I switched to public mobile from koodo last night and haven’t been able to get service with my new sim. My koodo sim has stopped working. I ported my old number but now when people phone it it says the number is not in service. I really need this fixed ASAP please! I have tried everything on the forums - my phone is compatible, unlocked and I have updated my network settings. @CS_Agent is there anything else I can try? 

It could take time for a port..but in case you can write a message to the moderator instead of tag them here..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They will help you with that. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..Be patient.

Need Help? Let's chat.