cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service out?

dope_dedope
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had phone service an hour ago now its saying talk is not included in my current plan when I have the 25$ plan with unlimited canada wide calling

7 REPLIES 7

@dope_dedope 

Yes check to see what happens with incoming calls. works? Goes to voice mail?

And try outgoing with a 1 at the beginning. One wrong digit in the area code and you are likely calling the US instead of Canada and you need a US calling add-on to do that.

Many of us think a 1 is only needed if we will be charged a long distance fee. But most PM plans include long distance calling to anywhere in Canada. The network still frequently needs the 1 to properly route the call though as it can be a long distance call for some other plans.

AE_Collector

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What I would do is try making a call TO the cell phone to see if it responds. If it does then your account is most likely fine. But yes, if you don't dial all 10 numbers, then you will get that error. It could be a glitch as well, I would also try shutting it off for a good 30 mins and then rebooting it. You shouldn't have to do that though, and it must be frustrating. Just the more troubleshooting / info you can provide to the moderators, the easier it is to track the problem. :cathappy:

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

The "Talk is not included in your plan" announcement also happens if you dont dial all 10 digits.

Heer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try restarting your phone or reinstall your sim.

dope_dedope
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i went to a moderator my data and text work just no talk service I have a 12 credit on my account turned off my phone on again took out the sim so I am leaving it up to the moderator 

thanks for the help

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dope_dedope Try dialing the number again with a 1 in front of it, and check to see if the number was entered correctly.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account - what is the status?  Try rebooting your phone.  You could try making a $1 manual payment.

Need Help? Let's chat.