cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working

brittneh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased a sim card and phone plan. The sim card and plan were both activated and added in store by the associate. Everything activated correctly but my phone service would not work. Took the phone back into the store the next day and the associate spent 45 minutes trying to get it to work, changing settings, trying everything they could. It still will not work. The plan cost me $56 and I can't do anything with it..any suggestions?

10 REPLIES 10

@brittneh wrote:

Phone is unlocked and I checked compatibility before I went to buy the sim card. I went and bought a sim card for another service provider the next day and that one worked fine the moment I activated it.

Did you check your phone is not in blacklist?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

service not w

Y'OK there @RobertQc ?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brittneh wrote:

Account status is active, I bought the $50 plan with 8gb data.

Samsung Galaxy s9+

It was purchased from a friend, not sure who their carrier was. I think Rogers. But I used it on Koodo.

No texting, calling or data.

No error message that I've noticed.

Thank you for providing the additional details; this will help the community try to figure out what the problem could be.  

"No error message that I've noticed": 

When you try to make a call, what happens; what is the message/recording you hear?

When you try to send a text message, what happens; is there a message?  

When you try to use data, what happens?

Did you port in a number from another carrier (Koodo), if so was it a pre-paid or post-paid line?

Yes, as other posters have suggested, you should send a private message to the moderators and explain the problem; response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours, so better to send that off now.  In the meantime, the community here can try to determine what's going on with the details you provide.

service not w

@brittneh wrote:

Samsung Galaxy s9+

It was purchased from a friend, not sure who their carrier was. I think Rogers. But I used it on Koodo.

I would write a message to the moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened. They will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

brittneh

Samsung Galaxy s9+

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brittneh wrote:

I purchased a sim card and phone plan. The sim card and plan were both activated and added in store by the associate. Everything activated correctly but my phone service would not work. Took the phone back into the store the next day and the associate spent 45 minutes trying to get it to work, changing settings, trying everything they could. It still will not work. The plan cost me $56 and I can't do anything with it..any suggestions?

When you login to your self-serve account, what is the Account Status?

Which plan did you activate?

What phone model do you have?

Was it purchased from another carrier, if so which one?

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean texting, calling in/out, using data?

Is there any error message on your phone, if so what is the exact error message?

Do you another phone, that you know works, to test out the SIM card in?

brittneh

Phone is unlocked and I checked compatibility before I went to buy the sim card. I went and bought a sim card for another service provider the next day and that one worked fine the moment I activated it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brittneh wrote:

Is your phone still locked to a previous provider?

Did it give a negative response to the check your phone function in the getting started path?

Is the phone compatible to here?

Check with willmyphonework.net to verify compatibility.

Check with devicecheck.ca to verify blacklisted.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@brittneh wrote:

Did you check if your phone is compatible with public mobile? willmyphonework.com. Is your phone unlocked?

Need Help? Let's chat.