cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working

SustyM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a new sim which I activated at the retailer. My phone is not reading my sim and I cannot sign up for self serve. I requested for a new number when I purchased the sim. I called my line from another phone and it rang, but was not ringing on my phone. It seems someone else is currently using my number.

19 REPLIES 19

@SustyM 

Of course....you didnt even register on the frustration scale some customers really lose it! Stick around, learn about your service, meet some of your fellow customers. You might even earn a community reward. The more knowledge you gain about how to manage your account and service the more you will enjoy being with public mobile.

SustyM

@darlicious 

Thanks for the information. If I didn't come to the community, I wouldn't have known to get in touch with the moderators or how to get in touch with them.

When you have paid for a service you really need but are yet to benefit from it hours after subscribing, it's only normal to exhaust some patience.

@SustyM 

Its not very common but every once in a while an already in use phone number gets released into the pool. It shouldn't take the moderators too long to sort you out. It also seems as though you didnt wait all that long to recieve a reply from them either.

FYI....for future reference when you want to reply to a certain member just tap the "@" key and a box will pop up with usernames or you can start typing the name you want to tag for it to pop up.

SustyM

the previous ideas. The moderator said my number belongs to Telus and they have to assign a new number

SustyM

didn't work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SustyM : What didn't work? The idea from the immediate post above yours or some other post?

SustyM

didn't work

ngoduc17

Hi sir, try to restart your phone or default setting. the phone is on LTE/WCDMA/GSM auto connect mode because Public mobi use 3G

@SustyM 

Do you have another phone to try the sim card in to see if it works.

SustyM

the phone is on LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect mode)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SustyM : In networks, is there a setting to not use 5G? Like start with 4G LTE. Can you scan for carriers and see Public Mobile?

SustyM

Samsung S20FE 5G

I restarted the phone, switched off the phone and reinserted the sim but it's still not working 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SustyM 

Remove your sim card. Make sure the slot and the sim card are clean and free from debris. When you reinsert make sure the sim card sits snugly. If its a little loose use a bit of tape or a paper shim to make it fit for better contact. Reboot and see if you now see public mobile on the screen.

@SustyM wrote:

It says not registered on network.

@SustyM 

Should have activated by now.  

Which model phone?  

Maybe reboot phone. 

Remove and put back SIM card.

SustyM

It says not registered on network.

SustyM

I activated around 4pm today

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@SustyM 

For some reason today, activation of new numbers have been taking longer than usual.  When did you activate?  Usually new account/numbers should activate within 10-15 minutes.  However, new phone numbers have taken up to 4 hours to activate today.  Not sure if there is a glitch in the system.

@SustyM wrote:

I just bought a new sim which I activated at the retailer. My phone is not reading my sim and I cannot sign up for self serve. I requested for a new number when I purchased the sim. I called my line from another phone and it rang, but was not ringing on my phone. It seems someone else is currently using my number.

This sounds to be a provisioning issue.  However, an acccount not being setup properly wouldn't prevent your phone from reading the SIM card. Is there an on-screen error message of some type shown on your phone?  In any event as you can't sign up for Self Serve, you'll need a moderator. You can open a ticket by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Need Help? Let's chat.