cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service is not working

Dainty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello wonderful community,

I bought a new phone yesterday, had it activated in the store yesterday.  The guy told me it would take up to 24 hours for the old phone to stop working and to begin receiving calls on my new one.  Well, it has been 24 hours and I am still not working.  I am still receiving calls on my old phone and I don't know how to rectafy the situation.

Maybe someone could give me clear directions as to what I am supposed to do or should I just go back to the walmart store where I got the phone and let them figure it out for me.

Thanks in advance everyone 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

@Dainty Just a note to clarify phones vs SIM card in case you want to change again. Cell phone carriers provide SIM cards that you activate for any phone. There is usually no need to buy a new phone when you change carriers, just the SIM card.

Because Public Mobile support is all online and self serve the retailer will not assist you if there is a problem. This is the correct place to come for assistance.

Hang in there. Once you connect with the moderators they will sort out your account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

From what i've seen it usually takes about 1 hour to port a number.  I have helped people porting from Freedom, Rogers and Fido.  Going back to Walmart might be a good idea.   Check if your new Public Mobile sim card has any functionality such as making any outgoing calls and what number shows up when making those calls.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Dainty It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards. 

Your port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team they will help you!

Here is the link: click here

In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account or cell number, and PIN.

Good luck!

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.