cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service back and forth between old and new SIM

mrskr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my SIM card last night. Wouldn't port over, moderator resubmitted request to Rogers. Got the welcome text this afternoon. Was using new service (old SIM card in an old phone so I didn't miss any calls). Now my service has gone back to the old phone and I'm not receiving calls/texts on my PM SIM card. Help! Can't afford 2 services for long...

6 REPLIES 6

Melch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would call Rogers.  Perhaps there is a reason why the port is stuck.  

@station1104 wrote:

Sounds like the port didn't go through, are you sure you used the right account number from rogers, also is your rogers account in good standing with them? If it isn't this might be a reason why they wouldn't release it to Public.

station1104
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like the port didn't go through, are you sure you used the right account number from rogers, also is your rogers account in good standing with them? If it isn't this might be a reason why they wouldn't release it to Public.

ashhiscock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

the porting of your number is definitely not complete. Once the port is completed it will automatically cancel sevice on your old provider for that number. A number cvannot be used on 2 networks at once

mrskr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moderator said it's still in transition and I'd receive mixed service until complete. It was a pay-as-you-go account the had a balance of $30 credit so I'm losing that completely.

Thanks!

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Follow up with the old moderator that was handling your porting problem.  I would think the porting was either incomplete or partially unsuccessful.  But this is the first time I have heard of service being bounced back to your old sim and old provider.  Maybe you have past due on your old account and your old provider is witholding port?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Once the port completes, it should automatically close your old account. Since you are still receiving calls/text on your rogers sim, seems like there is an issue with porting your number. May be wrong information was submitted? You will have to reach out to the mod team to know the status of the port. 

Need Help? Let's chat.