cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures in texts

Cooja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is that I can' t send pictures in my text messages. Mobile data is enabaled.

The phone was on Bell and Telus before, remember when I switched from Bell to Telus I had the same problem and Telus had to create a Telus Access Point Name under Mobile Networks....anyone know how to solve it with Public?

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Cooja wrote:

Why is that I can' t send pictures in my text messages. Mobile data is enabaled.

The phone was on Bell and Telus before, remember when I switched from Bell to Telus I had the same problem and Telus had to create a Telus Access Point Name under Mobile Networks....anyone know how to solve it with Public?

Some phone auto fill the Publc Mobile APN.  Some phones incorrectly fill in Telus or Koodo settings.  If your phone doesn't let you edit the settings, try adding a new APN using the settings in this thread.

pelkeym
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you are on an iPhone, be sure to check this setting.

1 Settings

2 Messages

3 Send &Receive.

4 You should see your new cell number, (the one on public mobile).

5 You May need to verify it on one of your other Apple products if you have set it up that way .

6 Send a test text to your self with a picture in it.

Hope this helps.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cooja wrote:

@Cooja  You have to create an APN setting for PM also.These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

If you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Cooja wrote:

Did you check your APN settings ? Here you can have them for your phone..https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.