Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending pictures by text and US calling add on

LittleZee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

Two questions:

1.I have the $30/month plan and I thought it inluded sending pictures by text,...but pictures don't go through...any thoughts on why

2.Also wondering how I can add US calling onto my plan for only one call I need to make this coming Monday? In other words...I don't want US calling on my plan permanently. Looking for ideas... thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LittleZee wrote:

Just followed your directions for APN settings, and it still isn't working...any more ideas? I think my phone has a few more lines to fill in for APN settings than you listed... 

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

vinnyc

which phone do u have and which android version is it running.

edit the line "apn type" to look like this

APN type : default,supl,mms

LittleZee

Just followed your directions for APN settings, and it still isn't working...any more ideas? I think my phone has a few more lines to fill in for APN settings than you listed... 

LittleZee

Great. Thanks for the advice!

vinnyc

+1 for google hangouts or using gmail via pc to make outgoing calls anywhere in canada/us, need mic though and the receiving end user to not block gmail/google calls. you just need a wifi or data connection

for sending/receiving pics via texting, mms, you need correct apn, and should work even with data "not" enabled if set up correctly.

1. Locate your APN
    • Tap ‘Settings’
    • Tap ‘More’
    • Tap ‘Mobile Networks’
    • Tap ‘Access Point Names’
    • Tap ‘New APN setting (or + sign)’Tap ‘More’
  2. Set up your APN
    • Name: PM
    • APN: sp.mb.com
    • Proxy: Leave blank
    • Port: Leave blank
    • Username: Leave blank
    • Password: Leave blank
    • Server: Leave blank
    • MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
    • MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
    • MMS port: 80
    • MCC: 302
    • MNC: 220
    • Authentication type: Leave blank
    • APN type: Leave blank

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can download and use Google Hangouts to call US free of charge.

@ShawnC13 FYI: Fongo calls to the USA are not free.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LittleZee wrote:

Hi!

Two questions:

1.I have the $30/month plan and I thought it inluded sending pictures by text,...but pictures don't go through...any thoughts on why

2.Also wondering how I can add US calling onto my plan for only one call I need to make this coming Monday? In other words...I don't want US calling on my plan permanently. Looking for ideas... thanks!

@LittleZee question 2 is easy:  you can purchase the 200 min Long Distance add-on for $8 and it will allow you to dial virtually any number in the USA -- while you are in Canada only though, it's not for roaming.  There is also a 400 min version for $15 that lets you call USA and 18 other international countries, but it sounds like it's overkill for your nees.  Either one is a one-time purchase and doesn't automatically renew or anyting like that, and the mins stay on your account indefinitely, until you use them all up. So if you buy the 200 mins and use 23 of them on Monday, you'll have 177 remaining to use whenever you like.

For question 1, do you have mobile data enabled on your phone?  

EDIT: looks like @ShawnC13 and I were typing at the same time (and he was 2 mins faster!)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@LittleZee wrote:

Hi!

Two questions:

For question 1 you need to make sure your data is turned on.  Is data working, if not you may need to look into your APN settings.

Question 2 the easiest way is to purchase the $8 200 minute addon.  I know it is way more than what you will need and won't need Long distance in Canada because it is in your plan but that is probably the only option for you at this time. Or can you use something like Google Hangouts or Fongo on WIFI for that call?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.